35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:21 pm

So it not those pattern or sequences types of questions? Whew!

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm

violin_lover wrote:comfy, no worry. I will be around to help you :-P

comfy wrote:
Herbie wrote:project selection really depends on which project the child is interested to work on.

I know, but sort of wanting to know abit more, don't want to be in the same situation as Lynn2010 (need a PHD to help out/ solve it). Is the same kind of probject mentioned by her? :?

Really !, that nice of you. Are you hinting that you are a PHD? :evil:
I will definitely need all the helps that I can get. I have a hard time trying to arrange her 'recent' enrichment lessons with school activities. One extra school activity will upset all her enrichment lessons. Rearrange until I become blur-blur. Hope that she can stop all these 'new' enrichment lessons next year. :smile:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Wow...... I blurred already. What is all these Iso, IVP, ID????

My dd is now P4. Today, she just did her investigation maths test. Not sure is easy or touch.

vlim wrote:2 info for parents of p4 geppers.

1. Sometime after SA, the kids will be ask to choose their next yr most preferred ISO projects. IVP, ID, Future problem solving and etc...I think ID need audition. Teacher in charge will make the final decision which type of project your kid will pick up.

2. Sometime after SA also or early next yr...the kids will take a selection tests for Advance maths enrichment club which mainly doing MO questions. Only selected ones through the test will be invited to join this AMEC in p5.

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:59 pm

I also don't know what is investigation math.

comfy wrote:So it not those pattern or sequences types of questions? Whew!

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:15 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Wow...... I blurred already. What is all these Iso, IVP, ID????

My dd is now P4. Today, she just did her investigation maths test. Not sure is easy or touch.

vlim wrote:2 info for parents of p4 geppers.

1. Sometime after SA, the kids will be ask to choose their next yr most preferred ISO projects. IVP, ID, Future problem solving and etc...I think ID need audition. Teacher in charge will make the final decision which type of project your kid will pick up.

2. Sometime after SA also or early next yr...the kids will take a selection tests for Advance maths enrichment club which mainly doing MO questions. Only selected ones through the test will be invited to join this AMEC in p5.

Hi, thmejlfm, maybe the following links will be helpful to you. They provide some description of the various projects in P5. :smile:

IRS :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... y-options/

IvP :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... programme/

DI:
http://www.idodi.org/

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby violin_lover » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 pm

[/quote]
I will definitely need all the helps that I can get. I have a hard time trying to arrange her 'recent' enrichment lessons with school activities. One extra school activity will upset all her enrichment lessons. Rearrange until I become blur-blur. Hope that she can stop all these 'new' enrichment lessons next year. :smile:[/quote]

Can't reveal too much :censored: But I am confidence that I belong to the top 0.1% of the population in terms of Math :evil:

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 pm

comfy wrote:thks MandyMummy, if don't have, I think just stick to mainstream P5 syllabus. Anyway, that will be alot to look. Being KS since Herbie said that P5 got alot of projects and no time to study. Hope to spread it out so more time for dd to enjoy her school life.

wow... you guys are really on the ball. I have never asked or thought of asking the teacher for the syllabus for the past 3 years. I've been sleeping the last 3 years. I thought no text book then let it be. No wonder i cant keep up :rant: :torchme:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 pm

thmejlfm wrote:I also don't know what is investigation math.

comfy wrote:So it not those pattern or sequences types of questions? Whew!

Dont worry, take one thing at a time (cant keep up). I live my life the past 3 yrs w/o knowing all these Investigation math, IVP, ID (havent heard of it) etc thingy. Only the BreakTheCode thingy make me take a second look. I learnt only 2 weeks ago that it is call AA (Alternative Assessment). Perhaps my dd was too lousy to be chosen. What a mum (i am)!!! :lol:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

violin_lover wrote:

I will definitely need all the helps that I can get. I have a hard time trying to arrange her 'recent' enrichment lessons with school activities. One extra school activity will upset all her enrichment lessons. Rearrange until I become blur-blur. Hope that she can stop all these 'new' enrichment lessons next year. :smile:[/quote]

Can't reveal too much :censored: But I am confidence that I belong to the top 0.1% of the population in terms of Math :evil:[/quote]

wow.... great to know leh. If know you earlier, i dont have to break my brain.

What do you think of the Break The code proj?? hehehe

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby violin_lover » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:25 pm

wow.... great to know leh. If know you earlier, i dont have to break my brain.

What do you think of the Break The code proj?? hehehe[/quote]

Oh.... I have already email you my opinion the other day...... don't think too many people can do it....

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP