35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Wow...... I blurred already. What is all these Iso, IVP, ID????

My dd is now P4. Today, she just did her investigation maths test. Not sure is easy or touch.

vlim wrote:2 info for parents of p4 geppers.

1. Sometime after SA, the kids will be ask to choose their next yr most preferred ISO projects. IVP, ID, Future problem solving and etc...I think ID need audition. Teacher in charge will make the final decision which type of project your kid will pick up.

2. Sometime after SA also or early next yr...the kids will take a selection tests for Advance maths enrichment club which mainly doing MO questions. Only selected ones through the test will be invited to join this AMEC in p5.

Glad to hear someone same as me. I was thinking am I the only P4 gep mom that is really so sotong.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

MandyMummy wrote:

My dd is now P4. Today, she just did her investigation maths test. Not sure is easy or touch.

1. Sometime after SA, the kids will be ask to choose their next yr most preferred ISO projects. IVP, ID, Future problem solving and etc...I think ID need audition. Teacher in charge will make the final decision which type of project your kid will pick up.

2. Sometime after SA also or early next yr...the kids will take a selection tests for Advance maths enrichment club which mainly doing MO questions. Only selected ones through the test will be invited to join this AMEC in p5.

Hi, thmejlfm, maybe the following links will be helpful to you. They provide some description of the various projects in P5. :smile:

IRS :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... y-options/

IvP :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... programme/

DI:
http://www.idodi.org/

Must thank Mandymom, as I was going to ask all these alien abbrev.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:33 pm

violin_lover wrote:Can't reveal too much :censored: But I am confidence that I belong to the top 0.1% of the population in terms of Math :evil:

I hope that you don't mind me asking, are you a gep mom or a ex gep student? What is the size of the population? trying to understand... how do you determine being top 0.1% of the population of Math means?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 pm

comfy wrote:
violin_lover wrote:Can't reveal too much :censored: But I am confidence that I belong to the top 0.1% of the population in terms of Math :evil:

I hope that you don't mind me asking, are you a gep mom or a ex gep student? What is the size of the population? trying to understand... how do you determine being top 0.1% of the population of Math means?

wow..... dont tell me you are the one who set the PSLE or the GEP papers or their AA, ID, blah blah project??? Or..... you are the one who come out with the Break The Code question!!! nevermind :pokeeye:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby violin_lover » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Lynn: For math, I am better than those who set the questions. I emailed you before, it is part of my work :-P

comfy: I was unable to get into gep program. Not many people in the area of my work. My work deals with lots of mathematics.

Hence, if you ask me gep question on English or science related to biology or chemistry, I would not be able to help :yikes:
Last edited by violin_lover on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:
comfy wrote:

wow..... dont tell me you are the one who set the PSLE or the GEP papers or their AA, ID, blah blah project??? Or..... you are the one who come out with the Break The Code question!!! nevermind :pokeeye:

If you are, then good news for my dd, going to ask you for tips. Yap, can be done secretly. :wink:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 pm

violin_lover wrote:Lynn: For math, I am better than those who set the questions. I emailed you before, it is part of my work :-P

comfy: I was unable to get into gep program. Not many people in the area of my work. My work deals with lots of mathematics.

Hence, if you ask me gep question on English or science related to biology or chemistry, I would not be able to help :yikes:

Your gep ds/dd is in what level?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi, thanks , Mandymummy.

I will go and read about it.

MandyMummy wrote:

Hi, thmejlfm, maybe the following links will be helpful to you. They provide some description of the various projects in P5. :smile:

IRS :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... y-options/

IvP :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... programme/

DI:
http://www.idodi.org/

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:57 pm

violin_lover wrote:Lynn: For math, I am better than those who set the questions. I emailed you before, it is part of my work :-P

Oh...yes, you did. Sorry. Different names so i get confuse :). thanks though!!

If i really come across a very challenging one, will ask you for help. :smile:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:17 am

comfy wrote:Hi, Vilim, in your opinion, which ISO project is the 'easiest' ? Don't involve alot of time, effort etc.

I am not sure about other ISO project but my ds did the ivp project and is not too difficult nor stress la. Everyweek, there will be an extended day for the kids to discuss the projects with their group mates and mentor/teacher. The grade is not taken into account of the exam marks but some schools :smile: , like this yr RI, might request the kid to show their project tt they are proud/good of during dsa interview. So try to do it good lor.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres