35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 am

Way2GO wrote:
tamarind wrote: If GEP is really supportive of his son, I don't see why he has to leave Singapore and go to Malaysia instead. It costs a lot of money and effort to move to another country.

Think he demands more than what MOE was prepared to give. Papers reported that his son was being offered a scholarship at the M'sian uni and also given him a job.

It's unfortunate he left on a sour note and played the race card.

Just wonder why they choose Malaysia and not other country .... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 am

vlim wrote:

His wife is Malay.
Makes sense?

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:45 am

Way2GO wrote:
vlim wrote:

His wife is Malay.
Makes sense?

o...i....c....... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: GEP - HOW MANY STUDENTS HAVE GOT VIA DSA to the IP schoo

Postby mathsparks » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:53 pm

cckmom wrote:how can we get the complete list for GEP 2009 PSLE - HOW MANY STUDENTS HAVE GOT VIA DSA to the IP schools and how many didnt manage to get to IP school. can parents share....

Such figures are usually given in the pri school's dsa briefings. But figures for that particular pri school only..not all schools. perhaps you can google, as some schools, will put their slides on the net.

Just to give you an idea, in my son's class, all have dsa offers, except 1..coz he applied to 1 school only. Anyway, he's no longer in SG, so I think he prob didnt apply to others as they've other plans.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 pm

cckmom wrote:Hi Mathsparks , Ya I am refering to IRS P5 where they needto choose a specify project. what I am concerned for ex if my son wants to join NUS maths & science school but he had IRS project / whatever in social studies will it have any impact to his chance in getting in to the school when compared to the other student who have science/maths project.

Let me share some personal egs:

1) Boy1 - did IRS, didnt make it thru NUSH DSA Maths/Science selection test, wait list RI. Currently in RI.

2) Boys2,3 - did CmPS, got confirmed offers from both NUSH/RI. Now in RI.

3) Boy4 -did IvP, didn't apply NUSH. Currently in RI.

I really doubt that the project your child chooses will affect his chances of DSA. For NUSH, they've to go thru a Maths/Science test before attending a camp. For RI, I suspect that as long as you're in GEP, your chances of acceptance is very high.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:34 am

hi mathsparks,
How many schools did your son and most of his classmates went for dsa?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Mostly between 1-3.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby turquoise » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:56 pm

cckmom wrote:Hi Mathsparks , Ya I am refering to IRS P5 where they needto choose a specify project. what I am concerned for ex if my son wants to join NUS maths & science school but he had IRS project / whatever in social studies will it have any impact to his chance in getting in to the school when compared to the other student who have science/maths project.

NUS High's selection criteria is based heavily upon their selection test, and if you clear that, on your performance during their selection camp. They also place heavy weightage on your Math Olympiad results. Most students who obtained Platinum and Gold were offered places in NUSH, unless for some reason they performed poorly at the selection camp. So you don't really have to worry about the relevance of your son's IRS project.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi! My child just entered P4 GEP this year.

Thanks to all for providing insights into the GEP. After reading these 37 pages, realised how little I know and that there's so much to find out. Will definitely have to read the pages more thoroughly...

Right now, I'm more concerned about my kid adapting to the new school and making new friends. For the first week or so, he kept asking whether he could return to his previous school. Today, he remarked that he prefers the new school. Reason: the food in the canteen is better! Whatever the reason, I'm hoping that he doesn't change his mind!!!

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:47 am

My DD brought back some of her P4 maths worksheet from school.

Wah! I really her maths qns is equivalent to P5 maths mainstream.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres