35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby MotherHen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

KSmom8 wrote:Herbie, Comfy and Motherhen, THANK YOU!

Thanks so much for P5 SA Schedule. Dont remember receiving anything from the school and DS is clueless and very calm about the exams.

No problem. That's the only thing I managed to dig out from dd. Like your ds, she's also still very calm about the exams. I'm the one who's worried, really a case of 皇帝不急太监急。I suppose she'll start to panic the night before the exams when she realises that she has not revised her work. Calm before the storm....

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Champion » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:32 am

MotherHen wrote:Hi SAHM_Tan,
I think that sometimes we, as parents, in our eagerness to give our children what we perceive as "best", lose sight of what is actually best for our child. It is easy to forget that every child is different, and that each and everyone has his/her own strengths.

MotherHen, :hi5: :goodpost: Yes, often we really wander off the real path and what really the best for our children! Thank you for the reminder again; appreciates much! :hugs:

MotherHen wrote:As for dd2, she just took the screening test in August. She already told me no matter what the results are, she's not changing school. I'm perfectly cool with that. In fact, now that I see what dd1 does in school, I would actively dissuade dd2 from taking up the GEP offer (if, for whatever freakish reason, she was selected). Not that she's no good, just that the program is not suitable for her.

MotherHen, :hi5: again! :wink: My DD1 said the same thing to me after the August 24th GEP papers and I said it's alright so long you do your best in your school exams! :lol:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:07 am

can use GEP results to seek transfer to mainstream of GEP/popular school anot? :sweat:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby phtthp » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:11 am

good idea, provided hopefully that side got vacancies ! :lol:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:48 am

KSmom8 wrote:Herbie, Comfy and Motherhen, THANK YOU!

Thanks so much for P5 SA Schedule. Dont remember receiving anything from the school and DS is clueless and very calm about the exams.

You are welcome. I think maybe your ds is confident of doing well that why he is calm. To him, it might be a non-event, nothing to worry about. This is the case for my dd, if she likes that subjects to be tested, she will conveniently forget to inform me all about it. After the tests, she will then ask me to sign as required by the teacher.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:49 am

Actually, my dd also very cool and calm abt the year end exam... mummy very kan chong but she very relax...

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:10 am

Haha seems that all mummies are stressed up about the year end exam while all ds/dd are taking it easy.

On the topic of revision, does anyone have any recommendation of good Science guidebooks/workbooks that will effectively cram one whole year's worth of learning into 2 weeks? Sorry, I'm desperate already. Other subjects still OK, but I never see dd doing anything for Science at all other than the IDP, and then recently playing with her little electrical circuit set. I bought those school exam papers in the beginning of the year and everything is pretty much intact (I can save the whole set of dd2!). Should I get her to start working on those? Will it be effective? I assume the topics covered should be the same...

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

MotherHen wrote:Haha seems that all mummies are stressed up about the year end exam while all ds/dd are taking it easy.

On the topic of revision, does anyone have any recommendation of good Science guidebooks/workbooks that will effectively cram one whole year's worth of learning into 2 weeks? Sorry, I'm desperate already. Other subjects still OK, but I never see dd doing anything for Science at all other than the IDP, and then recently playing with her little electrical circuit set. I bought those school exam papers in the beginning of the year and everything is pretty much intact (I can save the whole set of dd2!). Should I get her to start working on those? Will it be effective? I assume the topics covered should be the same...

Sorry dd is P4, hence can't be of much help but I read some posting by other parents (earlier posting) and they mentioned that the school materials are good enough and must revise the file notes and take notice of the corrections done. So if you dd's sci notes are not 'thin' & really good ones, that can start from there.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am

Herbie wrote:Actually, my dd also very cool and calm abt the year end exam... mummy very kan chong but she very relax...

Hahahah.... you are right Herbie. It is usually the mummy (and perhaps daddy) the kan cheong ones and not the kid. I remember last yr (my dd P5) give me a form "stress management". By reading the headline (busy lah), i thought she wanted to go for the course. I told her, no problem if she wants to attend. She replied "No, mummy, i think you need it, not me". :rotflmao: So "ma lu"

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby angell » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

Lynn2010 wrote:I'm not sure which year the exemption started. My older dd received the exemption successfully; she was P4 4th term. Younger one exemption rejected. Thought of appealing but unfortunately she passed her MT.

A neighbour's dd got exemption in P3, so P2 is a ??

I agree that we should know our MT, that is why my older dd is taking private lessons. I'm glad she is exempted as i do not want her MT to pull her total aggregate down.

MT did pull down my dd's aggregate, thank God she already got CO to RGS or she would have missed by 1 point? Then again in Yr 4, overall GPA also affected. Thankful that there is DSA!

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres