35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:41 pm

I think a lot of dd's friends moms don't think that she will be selected for gep,too. When they came to know about it, the expression on their faces said "How come? why their ds/dd are not in". So SAHM_TAN, you could be in for a surprise or "shock".
Last edited by comfy on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 pm

angell wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:
Herbie wrote:Actually, my dd also very cool and calm abt the year end exam... mummy very kan chong but she very relax...

Hahahah.... you are right Herbie. It is usually the mummy (and perhaps daddy) the kan cheong ones and not the kid. I remember last yr (my dd P5) give me a form "stress management". By reading the headline (busy lah), i thought she wanted to go for the course. I told her, no problem if she wants to attend. She replied "No, mummy, i think you need it, not me". :rotflmao: So "ma lu"

I remember the period just before PSLE was my dd's most relaxed time in her 3 years in GEP.( don't count holidays lah)

Same for my dd. She watched tv all day, we went away during the September holidays... For us, we figured that anything she needed to study she should already have. The week leading up to PSLE should just be about relaxing and keeping a cool head.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm

jtoh wrote:
angell wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:Hahahah.... you are right Herbie. It is usually the mummy (and perhaps daddy) the kan cheong ones and not the kid. I remember last yr (my dd P5) give me a form "stress management". By reading the headline (busy lah), i thought she wanted to go for the course. I told her, no problem if she wants to attend. She replied "No, mummy, i think you need it, not me". :rotflmao: So "ma lu"

I remember the period just before PSLE was my dd's most relaxed time in her 3 years in GEP.( don't count holidays lah)

Same for my dd. She watched tv all day, we went away during the September holidays... For us, we figured that anything she needed to study she should already have. The week leading up to PSLE should just be about relaxing and keeping a cool head.

Is it all your ds/dd do very well/quite well in their SA1 that why, can be so relaxed? or have COs?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby angell » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:Thanks angell and MotherHen for sharing too. Most likely I will just let DD1 take the screening test when it's her turn. Looking at DH's and my genes and both their grandparents' genes, doubt she belong to this track :wink:

:welcome:
Should try lah, no harm doing so. Often hear of stories where the kids who came in tops from P1 to P3 did not get in GEP while those playful ones got in, so you'll never know.....A little tip, it's useful to know fractions, i.e. if the tests have not changed, my dd did it umpteen years ago.

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby angell » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:54 pm

comfy wrote:Is it all your ds/dd do very well/quite well in their SA1 that why, can be so relaxed? or have COs?

I think my dd was very relaxed because there was no homework, no projects, no deadlines to meet and she claimed that she already knew "everything" when I nagged her to study. I guess having a CO does take off the stress too.

angell
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:34 pm

angell wrote:
comfy wrote:Is it all your ds/dd do very well/quite well in their SA1 that why, can be so relaxed? or have COs?

I think my dd was very relaxed because there was no homework, no projects, no deadlines to meet and she claimed that she already knew "everything" when I nagged her to study. I guess having a CO does take off the stress too.

oic, Mmm.... I like that too. No homework, no projects, etc sound wonderful.
Hope my dd will be able to get a CO too.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:45 am

firefly38 wrote:hello "flowermonster" (ops, not typo error this time), nice to see you here! your kid is in GEP P5?

:laugh: Nice to see you here too, firefly38. Yeah my DS is in P5 this year. Time really flies so fast after he got into GEP. Your DD P5 GEP too rite if I remember clearly? Let's 加油 together next year for them! :wink:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
firefly38 wrote:hello "flowermonster" (ops, not typo error this time), nice to see you here! your kid is in GEP P5?

:laugh: Nice to see you here too, firefly38. Yeah my DS is in P5 this year. Time really flies so fast after he got into GEP. Your DD P5 GEP too rite if I remember clearly? Let's 加油 together next year for them! :wink:

Ops, your memory has failed you this time :oops: ! mine is DS, and he is in P6 GEP, and he will be sitting for his PSLE next week! Ya, how time flies!

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 pm

firefly38 wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:

Ops, your memory has failed you this time :oops: ! mine is DS, and he is in P6 GEP, and he will be sitting for his PSLE next week! Ya, how time flies!

:oops: Sorry for the mistake! :imsorry:
Good Luck to him in his coming exam! 加油!加油!加油!

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
firefly38 wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:

:oops: Sorry for the mistake! :imsorry:
Good Luck to him in his coming exam! 加油!加油!加油!

its alright.. me also always get the daddies/mummies & their DS/DD mixed up :oops: !

though DS already has CO from RI & HCI via DSA, i still feel quite nervous about DS taking PSLE next week leh :nailbite: :sweat: ! anyway, praying hard that everything will turn out fine for DS in his PSLE! :pray: :xedfingers:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge