35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Any P5 GE parents know what format is EL P1 going to be in this coming SA2? Is it same as PSLE ? If so what kind of functional writing will be included? Email? report, letter....? Did not see them practice so far, so clueless ...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:09 pm

hi zann,

Dun know leh. I will check with my dd later.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 25hr mama » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi to all....
Juz like to check whether other schools has the same practice. Before the Investigative Math Test, my dd's class was given a practice paper. They were asked to write their answers on a separate sheet of paper. The teacher went thru the paper with them, after that all question & answer sheets were collected back, & the teacher told them that all papers would be shredded. Today the teacher gave the actual test paper back to them, went thru the paper & again collected back.
I am puzzled. Isn't it weird!? We as parents do not even know what our kids are learning & tested in schools.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:02 pm

for p5, EL has compo and situation writing.

For maths, sorry can't fish out anything from my dd.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Herbie wrote:for p5, EL has compo and situation writing.

Hi Herbie, tt I know but do you all know what kind of situational writing is included ? eg letter, report writing, email, etc.... never see them practice leh and they are going for exam soon. :slapshead:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm

25hr mama wrote:Hi to all....
Juz like to check whether other schools has the same practice. Before the Investigative Math Test, my dd's class was given a practice paper. They were asked to write their answers on a separate sheet of paper. The teacher went thru the paper with them, after that all question & answer sheets were collected back, & the teacher told them that all papers would be shredded. Today the teacher gave the actual test paper back to them, went thru the paper & again collected back.
I am puzzled. Isn't it weird!? We as parents do not even know what our kids are learning & tested in schools.

Hi 25 hr mama, which level is your dd? I asked them before and they said it is MOE direction. Anywhere, so long as my ds can cope, I am glad to rest :dancing: But think of it this way, if the kids can't cope, they will have to be responsible and take action right? How I wish all subjects are handled that way that parents don't need to be involved and can :imanisland:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 am

Zann wrote:

Hi Herbie, tt I know but do you all know what kind of situational writing is included ? eg letter, report writing, email, etc.... never see them practice leh and they are going for exam soon. :slapshead:

I think is letter writing.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:30 am

Herbie wrote:
Zann wrote:

I think is letter writing.

Yes, I think it's letter writing too. Recently saw my DS brought back 2 letter writing work. I think one of them is part of their portfolio for this term.
Zann, go check with your kid. :smile:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:59 am

I heard from my dd tat they were given worksheets on letter writing.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 8228 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am

25hr mama wrote:Hi to all....

Same for my ds's school. Nothing could be brought back. Before the test, the teacher even told them there was nothing to revise or prepare.

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP