55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby jtoh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

8228 wrote:
25hr mama wrote:Hi to all....
Juz like to check whether other schools has the same practice. Before the Investigative Math Test, my dd's class was given a practice paper. They were asked to write their answers on a separate sheet of paper. The teacher went thru the paper with them, after that all question & answer sheets were collected back, & the teacher told them that all papers would be shredded. Today the teacher gave the actual test paper back to them, went thru the paper & again collected back.
I am puzzled. Isn't it weird!? We as parents do not even know what our kids are learning & tested in schools.

Same for my ds's school. Nothing could be brought back. Before the test, the teacher even told them there was nothing to revise or prepare.

That's what my dd used to tell me too for Investigative Math. Nothing to revise nor prep for. Just show up and take the test. I was concerned for the first test but after that realized the students and teachers knew what was going on and there was nothing I should be concerned about.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 am

i think only ge kids get to do investigation maths so they try to keep the info 'water tight'.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 am

Herbie wrote:i think only ge kids get to do investigation maths so they try to keep the info 'water tight'.

I think should be 'air-tight', hope the kids can breathe. :xedfingers:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 am

i am looking forward to psle marking day

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:59 am

Herbie wrote:i am looking forward to psle marking day

Mee too! SA2 will be over by then. :dancing: Planning to go somewhere?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
Herbie wrote:I think is letter writing.

Yes, I think it's letter writing too. Recently saw my DS brought back 2 letter writing work. I think one of them is part of their portfolio for this term.
Zann, go check with your kid. :smile:

ds usually has "poor memory" or like to "三缄其口" :stompfeet:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:03 am

Zann wrote:

Yeap... We will be gg to japan

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 am

Herbie wrote:
Zann wrote:

Yeap... We will be gg to japan

For 3 days?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 25hr mama » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:25 am

Zann wrote:
Juz like to check whether other schools has the same practice. Before the Investigative Math Test, my dd's class was given a practice paper. They were asked to write their answers on a separate sheet of paper. The teacher went thru the paper with them, after that all question & answer sheets were collected back, & the teacher told them that all papers would be shredded. Today the teacher gave the actual test paper back to them, went thru the paper & again collected back.
I am puzzled. Isn't it weird!? We as parents do not even know what our kids are learning & tested in schools.

Hi 25 hr mama, which level is your dd? I asked them before and they said it is MOE direction. Anywhere, so long as my ds can cope, I am glad to rest :dancing: But think of it this way, if the kids can't cope, they will have to be responsible and take action right? How I wish all subjects are handled
that way that parents don't need to be involved and can :imanisland:

Hi Zann, my dd is in P4. It wasn't like that for their 1st Investigative Math Test in May. She was allowed to bring back some related worksheets then, & the actual test paper required parents' signature too, hence was a little puzzled over this new arrangement.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am

25hr mama wrote:
Zann wrote:

Hi 25 hr mama, which level is your dd? I asked them before and they said it is MOE direction. Anywhere, so long as my ds can cope, I am glad to rest :dancing: But think of it this way, if the kids can't cope, they will have to be responsible and take action right? How I wish all subjects are handled
that way that parents don't need to be involved and can :imanisland:

Hi Zann, my dd is in P4. It wasn't like that for their 1st Investigative Math Test in May. She was allowed to bring back some related worksheets then, & the actual test paper required parents' signature too, hence was a little puzzled over this new arrangement.

May be the teacher just realsed tat she has not followed the SOP.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge