Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Zann wrote:
Herbie wrote:i may not be answering yr qn. But for p5 hcl is from chapter 1 to 19'?.


P5 GE HCI should be 1 - 18, right? Can someone confirm?


DS said till chapter 18.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Herbie wrote:
Zann wrote:Has your dd/ds gotton back ICAS English result?


Yes, i think last week or last last week. I can't rem.


Have received all the ICAS results. Just received Math. I think English result was much earlier.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:11 pm

KSmom8 wrote:
Herbie wrote:
Zann wrote:Has your dd/ds gotton back ICAS English result?


Yes, i think last week or last last week. I can't rem.


Have received all the ICAS results. Just received Math. I think English result was much earlier.


For English, are you all referring to "Writing"? My ds only has tt... find it strange leh...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:28 pm

KSmom8 wrote:
Zann wrote:
Herbie wrote:i may not be answering yr qn. But for p5 hcl is from chapter 1 to 19'?.


P5 GE HCI should be 1 - 18, right? Can someone confirm?


DS said till chapter 18.


My dd says is chapter 1 to 19 leh.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Herbie wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:My dd says is chapter 1 to 19 leh.


So to be ks, just cover chapter 19 vocab also .

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:08 pm

ngbrdad wrote:Hi need some help here.
Anyone knows what's the syllabus for the upcoming P4 HCL SA2 ?
I know they haven't covered lesson 20 so it's until lesson 19.
But where does it start from ?
lesson 1 or lesson 12 ?

It is Chap 1 to 18.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby ngbrdad » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 am

comfy wrote:
ngbrdad wrote:Hi need some help here.
Anyone knows what's the syllabus for the upcoming P4 HCL SA2 ?
I know they haven't covered lesson 20 so it's until lesson 19.
But where does it start from ?
lesson 1 or lesson 12 ?

It is Chap 1 to 18.


Thanks.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby ngbrdad » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi anyone has the figure of the no of current P6 GEP students ?
Is it 450 or 550 ?

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 pm

can vary by so much?

I thought the class size more or less fixed at no more than 25 and hte number of classes is physically constrainted by the school. 100 more is like another 4 classes leh!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 15875
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 157


Re: All About GEP

Postby iFirefly » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 am

ngbrdad wrote:Hi anyone has the figure of the no of current P6 GEP students ?
Is it 450 or 550 ?


Remember this data being flashed on the screen during the GEP briefing held at Nanyang Poly 3 years ago...

Total no. of students in P3 cohort (2008) - 44000.
Total no. of students shortlisted for Round 2 - 4000.
Total no. of students selected for GEP - 550 (375 boys & 175 girls).

But not all students selected for GEP took up the offer, of course..

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:05 am
Total Likes: 99


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres