All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby toxic118 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:31 pm

25hr mama wrote:Thanks vlim & jtoh for the info. I'm elated! Sooooo happy for my dd. :D



:congrats: :celebrate:

toxic118
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 pm

jtoh wrote:
25hr mama wrote:Hi all....:) the school gave my dd a letter from UNSW today. It is an invitation to receive a medal for icas English, at a medal presentation ceremony which will be held at Singapore Conference Hall. My dd achieved top 1% for English, math & Science last year too, but didn't receive any medal. Is this something new? Any parent knows anything abt this. TIA.



Congrats! Top 1% is High Distinction. To receive a medal you have to be the top scorer in Singapore or have achieved full marks. Definitely something to put into your dd's DSA portfolio. :D


Yes, it is the top scorer in Singapore by subjects. There are likely to be more than one pupil receiving the medal for most subjects. My ds received one last year. This year he miss it by 1 mark! It is something 可遇不可求。 We went for the award presentation at Singapore Conference hall which there will be a sumptuous good spread of dinner and they will also take picture for you and ask to to buy lah after tt.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:32 am

25hr mama wrote:Thanks vlim & jtoh for the info. I'm elated! Sooooo happy for my dd. :D

:congrats:
So happy for you & your DD! :rahrah:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:47 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
25hr mama wrote:Thanks vlim & jtoh for the info. I'm elated! Sooooo happy for my dd. :D

:congrats:
So happy for you & your DD! :rahrah:

Thankyou toxic118, zann & flowermonaster.
Yeah...... :rahrah: SA2 ends today! GE exams ends much earlier compared to mainstream. Is there a reason for it. Do we hv the luxury of relaxing from now till term ends? Or r the kids expected to work on something else for these final weeks? Wud appreciate some info from experienced parents. TIA :smile:

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: All About GEP

Postby Snow Crystal » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:49 am

25hr mama wrote:Thanks vlim & jtoh for the info. I'm elated! Sooooo happy for my dd. :D

:congrats: well done!

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am
Total Likes: 2



Re: All About GEP

Postby jedamum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 am

vlim wrote:Foe medal winner, they are the highest point scorer of the paper. Hence if your kid get full mark, definitely she is one of the medal winner as there could have more then one getting full marks or highest score. :smile:

ya. full marks/highest scorer gets medal.
one of my boy's schoolmate going for the ceremony for EL ICAS. :)
so congrats, 25hr mama. :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 26


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:05 pm

My ds will be receiving one too for Science..it comes as a little surprise as it is not his strongest subject :dancing:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: All About GEP

Postby sandunes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:13 pm

25hr mama wrote:Hi all....:) the school gave my dd a letter from UNSW today. It is an invitation to receive a medal for icas English, at a medal presentation ceremony which will be held at Singapore Conference Hall. My dd achieved top 1% for English, math & Science last year too, but didn't receive any medal. Is this something new? Any parent knows anything abt this. TIA.


Congrats! :smile:

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:57 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby sandunes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:14 pm

vlim wrote:My ds will be receiving one too for Science..it comes as a little surprise as it is not his strongest subject :dancing:


Congrats to your ds too! :smile:

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:57 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:15 pm

sandunes wrote:
vlim wrote:My ds will be receiving one too for Science..it comes as a little surprise as it is not his strongest subject :dancing:


Congrats to your ds too! :smile:


Thanks sandunes! :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


PreviousNext

Return to GEP