35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: MOE propanganda

Postby vlim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Curious, are you the father or the mother? :?

If the father, why would you bother to go through all these depths with MOE since you are gifted yourself. Certainly you would have much more resources than what has been reported... :idea:

And, are you sure Malaysia is the best place to nurture your child? An exceptionally or profoundly gifted child can never fit into ANY system. That is how much I know... I thought you would too. By the way, talking about passing all the tests with flying colors.... Einstein's IQ was tested at only 85. What do you think we should make out of that? Just curious what you think...

after reading the story ... suddenly feel that my ds is only 'moderately gifted' :cry: :cry: :cry: ..... so better stay back in Singapore :wink: :wink: :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

O, more about how we, the less gifted souls feel about your very gifted lovely child. http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=160

Actually why does it matter how gifted our children are? I'd rather my kids be ordinary folks but do extraordinary things.

Watch this video and see what I mean. Profoundly or exceptionally gifted folks may not be the ones who will change the world. From history, it's us, the ordinary folks who will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUT1ADtIHQU&feature=fvst
Last edited by 2ppaamm on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: The proof is in the pudding

Postby Blobbi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Theoneyouaretalkingabout wrote:
... the very fact that we left, is proof of our side of the story. That should be very obvious.

Where's the logic again???

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Blobbi wrote:
... the very fact that we left, is proof of our side of the story. That should be very obvious.

aiya we need not have to understand the logic..we are just ordinary people :rotflmao:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jenn » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Blobbi wrote:

Aiyah - this type of logic only the exceptionally gifted can apprehend. Even GEP can't teach you that. You and I better stay put in the country of liars. If you cannot get this logic, you will not survive in Malaysia.

Jenn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby naggo-nitemare » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm

As I was reading the exchanges betw ainan's parent(s) and kiasuparent members, I can't help but wonder what the boy himself feels abt all this....dealing with accelerated learning n moving from school to school, country to country and to meet the expectations of his parents. I actually feel sorry for him.

I can't help but wonder why the need for the parents to be so kancheong for the small boy to learn as much as he possibly can in chemistry. What's wrong with slowing down a bit to smell the flowers n to take time to develop other equally impt aspects such as social skills, emotional intelligence, languages, art appreciation etc.

Belittling singapore citizens, GEPers and accusing MOE of lying just because his parents' high expectations cannot be catered for only makes me feel sorry for all the teachers, administrators, staff members who have helped them in the past. tsk tsk tsk. Not cool at all to rant at all those who extended them a helping hand. I wish the parents realise tt no one owes the boy anything.

Lastly, I pray tt the parents really deeply know what's best for the prodigy. To my knowledge, a m'sian girl who was hothoused by her father in the UK ended up miserable, rebelled against her demanding father and became a hooker. And another m'sian math prodigy who went to the US for his further studies killed himself. The high expectations placed on them did them in. I pray tt this boy will be spared this unhappiness and have a happy childhood, to discover on HIS OWN where his destiny lies.

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: MOE propanganda

Postby keroppi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 am

vlim wrote:after reading the story ... suddenly feel that my ds is only 'moderately gifted' :cry: :cry: :cry: ..... so better stay back in Singapore :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hmm ... mebbe that's why we should continue to let our kids hang out in GEP. :wink:

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby EN » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 am

Oh dear Theoneyouaretalkingabout. I don’t mean to barge in here. I read this thread to take a breather while I work yesterday. It is just another past time read but something hit me this morning. Not that I ponder upon it as I was busy ironing up at 5 ish this morning. Putting things two into two, I think I understand. The pieces of information come from bits and pieces that have been shared. No, not from your blog only.

Be at peace my friend. It must be challenging to help Ainan grow. If you seek empathy, someone needs to walk the very ground you do. But then majority of us are not. I’m the average struggling mother. No labels attached.

Before I part, do remember that media is a double edged sword. They can be your friend or foe. I hope the truth is enough for you to know.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby watmekiasu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 am

naggo-nitemare wrote:As I was reading the exchanges betw ainan's parent(s) and kiasuparent members, I can't help but wonder what the boy himself feels abt all this....dealing with accelerated learning n moving from school to school, country to country and to meet the expectations of his parents. I actually feel sorry for him.

I can't help but wonder why the need for the parents to be so kancheong for the small boy to learn as much as he possibly can in chemistry. What's wrong with slowing down a bit to smell the flowers n to take time to develop other equally impt aspects such as social skills, emotional intelligence, languages, art appreciation etc.

Belittling singapore citizens, GEPers and accusing MOE of lying just because his parents' high expectations cannot be catered for only makes me feel sorry for all the teachers, administrators, staff members who have helped them in the past. tsk tsk tsk. Not cool at all to rant at all those who extended them a helping hand. I wish the parents realise tt no one owes the boy anything.

Why don't we give him the benefit of the doubt? It is very possible that his own son wants to push ahead to things that interests and challenges him and not the other way round. As for the local media - :roll:

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 am

EN wrote:Before I part, do remember that media is a double edged sword. They can be your friend or foe. I hope the truth is enough for you to know.

How true. Some weeks back, some reporters wanted to do a coverage of my children. It was a straight no. But I told them if they wanted alternative views, I can offer them, but my kids are to be anonymous. Of course, that would not make interesting headline material.

As a parent, I find it my responsibility to shield my kids from such unwanted attention. My kids will not like the attention, even if I do. And, I really don't need that. Happy to be an simple mother.

Having a quiet, simple and blended-in life with everyone is a GIFT itself. That, would be the greatest gift I can give my children - to have friends, to run around, to know that he/she is being accepted, to be just one of the guys. I will not take that GIFT away from them, in exchange to nurture other less important gifts.

This is from a mother whose son is 7 years to 14 years younger than his peers in school. I know all he wants is for others to like, love and accept him as one of gang while he pursues his dreams, the former being the more important. Why would I take that away from him?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP