55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby MandyMummy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

optimistforum wrote:
jtoh wrote:
TwaTau wrote:Between the ICAS medal for Maths/Science and MO/SO Gold/Platinium, which is more prestiges? What are the different between the 2 type of tests? TIA.

The MO tests are a lot more difficult compared to the ICAS ones. So based on that I suppose a Platinum in SMOPS would be more prestigious. But given that you have to be #1 in Singapore to get a medal for ICAS that's pretty prestigious too. Just a different level I suppose.

Hi

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is "ICAS" and "SMOPS"

International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS)
http://www.eaa.unsw.edu.au/about_icas

Singapore Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (SMOPS)
http://www.mathshub.com.sg/index.php?op ... &Itemid=21
:smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 pm

optimistforum wrote:
jtoh wrote:
TwaTau wrote:Between the ICAS medal for Maths/Science and MO/SO Gold/Platinium, which is more prestiges? What are the different between the 2 type of tests? TIA.

The MO tests are a lot more difficult compared to the ICAS ones. So based on that I suppose a Platinum in SMOPS would be more prestigious. But given that you have to be #1 in Singapore to get a medal for ICAS that's pretty prestigious too. Just a different level I suppose.

Hi

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is "ICAS" and "SMOPS"

SMOPS - Singapore Math Olympiad for Primary Schools
ICAS - International Competitions and Assessments for Schools organized by UNSW of Australia.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 8228 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 pm

My ds (P5) told me that he would take the mainstream HCL SA2 this Friday. Is it just for practice? Is it the same for other GEP centres?

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 pm

8228 wrote:My ds (P5) told me that he would take the mainstream HCL SA2 this Friday. Is it just for practice? Is it the same for other GEP centres?

It should be just for practise. You may like to confirm it with your ds teacher. :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Zann wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Hi, any P6 parents can share the P6 ERP booklist?
Wanted to buy a few books for DS to read first.

TIA.

Pls include me a copy too. Thanks.

Anyone can share any website to purchase e-book for the reading listing.

sorry I have problem in down loading it here...You may like to ask for it from their current English teacher. I remembered my ds got his p6 erp list at the end of p5... :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby optimistforum » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I checked ICAS and like the English Papers, but am I able to buy them as I am not from Asutralia, NZ or Singapore.
optimistforum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 am

optimistforum wrote:I checked ICAS and like the English Papers, but am I able to buy them as I am not from Asutralia, NZ or Singapore.

I think ICAS papers are for schools only. Why don't you email them directly to find out?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Zann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:11 pm

8228 wrote:My ds (P5) told me that he would take the mainstream HCL SA2 this Friday. Is it just for practice? Is it the same for other GEP centres?

Hi 8228, Flowermonster and Herbie, happy with your P5's SA2 results? How do you all find the various papers difficulty level so far?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:16 pm

vlim wrote:
Zann wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Hi, any P6 parents can share the P6 ERP booklist?
Wanted to buy a few books for DS to read first.

TIA.

Pls include me a copy too. Thanks.

Anyone can share any website to purchase e-book for the reading listing.

sorry I have problem in down loading it here...You may like to ask for it from their current English teacher. I remembered my ds got his p6 erp list at the end of p5... :smile:

Thanks anyway.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Zann wrote:

Hi 8228, Flowermonster and Herbie, happy with your P5's SA2 results? How do you all find the various papers difficulty level so far?

Hi Zann, I am quite happy with his result. Got 3 above 80% & 2 above 90%. This result is just SA2 excludes CT2 & SA1. My DS said EL was tough, Sci average, HCL a bit tough(note that his Chinese not so good so the a bit tough might be average or easy for most), Math & SS were easy. How is yours?
Last edited by Flowermonaster on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres