LEARNConcierge

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby MotherHen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
Zann wrote:
8228 wrote:My ds (P5) told me that he would take the mainstream HCL SA2 this Friday. Is it just for practice? Is it the same for other GEP centres?


Hi 8228, Flowermonster and Herbie, happy with your P5's SA2 results? How do you all find the various papers difficulty level so far?


Hi Zann, I am quite happy with his result. Got 3 above 80% & 2 above 90%. This result is just SA2 excludes CT2 & SA1. My DS said EL was tough, Sci average, HCL a bit tough(note that his Chinese not so good so the a bit tough might not be average or easy for most), Math & SS were easy. How is yours?


It seems that the SA2 is quite easy in general. From what my dd says, it appears that the whole class has done well :smile:

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 am
Total Likes: 10


Re: All About GEP

Postby optimistforum » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 pm

jtoh wrote:
optimistforum wrote:I checked ICAS and like the English Papers, but am I able to buy them as I am not from Asutralia, NZ or Singapore.


I think ICAS papers are for schools only. Why don't you email them directly to find out?


Thank you jtoh for your feedback. I did actually email at the same time as posting on here.

PS to all, I did but some good assessment books from Dymocks in Australia. they were by Alan Horsfield, and they were the "Excel in" Maths, English and General Ability Series. Have a look at this web address.

http://www.pascalpress.com.au/ProductDe ... 1741252316

When I get back home in 36 hours, I will post a sample page of the Eng and Maths Book, and General Ability. For the latter let me know which year groups. I understand Australia New South Wales have the same ages in the same years, ie P1 is ages 6-7. I mention this as I recall posters wanted access to prep reosurces for the Gen Ability tests.

I will also post an online website which has good examples.
optimistforum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:14 am
Total Likes: 6


Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm

MotherHen wrote:
It seems that the SA2 is quite easy in general. From what my dd says, it appears that the whole class has done well :smile:


Hi Motherhen, yeah, compare to CA2, SA2 seems easier. Most, if not all his classmate did quite ok. :smile:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
Zann wrote:
8228 wrote:My ds (P5) told me that he would take the mainstream HCL SA2 this Friday. Is it just for practice? Is it the same for other GEP centres?


Hi 8228, Flowermonster and Herbie, happy with your P5's SA2 results? How do you all find the various papers difficulty level so far?


Hi Zann, I am quite happy with his result. Got 3 above 80% & 2 above 90%. This result is just SA2 excludes CT2 & SA1. My DS said EL was tough, Sci average, HCL a bit tough(note that his Chinese not so good so the a bit tough might not be average or easy for most), Math & SS were easy. How is yours?


I am happy with his results too except for Math not as good as it should be - full of careless mistakes but luckily his CT and SA1 has pulled him back for overall. But if DSA were too submit just SA2 result then he will suffer just in this one test .

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby MotherHen » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
MotherHen wrote:
It seems that the SA2 is quite easy in general. From what my dd says, it appears that the whole class has done well :smile:


Hi Motherhen, yeah, compare to CA2, SA2 seems easier. Most, if not all his classmate did quite ok. :smile:


Hi Flowermonaster, you saw the test papers already? My dd has not brought back a single paper. Just casually mention over dinner, "Mommy by the way I got XX marks for (subject)". Hmmm...

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 am
Total Likes: 10



Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

MotherHen wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:
MotherHen wrote:
It seems that the SA2 is quite easy in general. From what my dd says, it appears that the whole class has done well :smile:


Hi Motherhen, yeah, compare to CA2, SA2 seems easier. Most, if not all his classmate did quite ok. :smile:


Hi Flowermonaster, you saw the test papers already? My dd has not brought back a single paper. Just casually mention over dinner, "Mommy by the way I got XX marks for (subject)". Hmmm...

Not all, got back Science, HCL & Math.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
MotherHen wrote:
Hi Flowermonaster, you saw the test papers already? My dd has not brought back a single paper. Just casually mention over dinner, "Mommy by the way I got XX marks for (subject)". Hmmm...

Not all, got back Science, HCL & Math.


What are the activities/lessons now on-going at your GE centre for P5. Mine like no activities. :evil:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Zann wrote:Hi 8228, Flowermonster and Herbie, happy with your P5's SA2 results? How do you all find the various papers difficulty level so far?


Have not brought any paper back yet. Only know the marks for Maths. He got 90+. More than half of his class got above 90 for Maths.

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby musette » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:13 am

8228 wrote:Have not brought any paper back yet. Only know the marks for Maths. He got 90+. More than half of his class got above 90 for Maths.


Maths was that easy huh? No wonder my dd got 99, but her classmates were rather secretive about their marks, so she doesn't know what they got.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:56 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby optimistforum » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:46 pm

When I get back home in 36 hours, I will post a sample page of the Eng and Maths Book, and General Ability. For the latter let me know which year groups. I understand Australia New South Wales have the same ages in the same years, ie P1 is ages 6-7. I mention this as I recall posters wanted access to prep reosurces for the Gen Ability tests.

I will also post an online website which has good examples.


Please find below the superb website from Australia, and it features online tests in Eng, Maths and GAT.

http://selectivetest.com.au/default.aspx
optimistforum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:14 am
Total Likes: 6


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge