55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am

trileets wrote:
25hr mama wrote:Hi all :)
Will be attending this IRS Presentation for P4 parents at Republic Poly this Friday. Is there anything that I should pay more attention to? Thanks.

Hi, I thought the IRS is only for the students? My child's consent form is for his attendance only.. any confusion here? :?

Parents r invited too. Each child can request a max of 2 seats. Need to send in request form for admission tickets, 1st come 1st served basis.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 am

25hr mama wrote:Thanks vlim.

You are welcome!
And after viewing it ... Your kid might like to think of some new ideas :lol: ... But no worry if do nothing abt it ... ( just like mine :lol: )... Afterall still don't know which project type is your kid allocated right?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:54 am

jtoh wrote:
Herbie wrote:my gal's school has alot of post exam activities leh.

They usually do. :)

Yup, DS also has plenty post exam activities.

Will there be other projects and acitivities this nov / dec hols? Am hoping that he can relax, enjoy and recharge before P6 starts next yr...

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby trileets » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am

25hr mama wrote:
trileets wrote:
Will be attending this IRS Presentation for P4 parents at Republic Poly this Friday. Is there anything that I should pay more attention to? Thanks.

Hi, I thought the IRS is only for the students? My child's consent form is for his attendance only.. any confusion here? :?

Parents r invited too. Each child can request a max of 2 seats. Need to send in request form for admission tickets, 1st come 1st served basis.

Thanks vlim and 25hr mama . Now I vaguely remember a form that was filled up couple of weeks ago asking for no. of seats required. Probably we were not fast enough to be allocated seats for parent.

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 25hr mama » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 am

Can anyone explain to me what is STD DEV stated in the report book. & how it is calculated. Hv been wanting to ask somebody abt this since after SA1. I'm a blur mummy... :)

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 pm

vlim wrote:

Nope .... Just view the students projects and have an idea what is it all abt as your kids will be guided along what to do in p5...

Precisely, just to know what it is and totally did not get involve anything with child this year in IRS. All are done in school and according to my ds, parents are not allow to be involved. :shrug: But later got to know a fren with dd in a girl GEP centre is so involved in her IRS project. :razz:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Me too. Very Confused! Last Monday, my dd gave me a form to sign for the IRS Whether I allow her to go or not.

I thought I had already signed one few weeks or month ago, asking the parent to go. I asked her whether the parent must go, she not sure.

Will check with her again.

Her school has a lot of activities for these few weeks.

Can anybody advise which science encyclopedia is good for the kid to read? blurred......... My dd's science not so good, teacher advised to read more encyclopedia. Please help! :?:

trileets wrote:

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi!

Can someone tell me for P5's science, what is the topics like?

Thank you

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Hi!

Can someone tell me for P5's science, what is the topics like?

Thank you

The Sciences topics of p5 gep 2010 are as follows (don't know will it be the same in 2012)

Energy : Photosynthesis
Food Chain , Food Web
Cycles : Reproduction in plants, Reproduction in animals
Water cycles
Systems: Respiratory systems and Circulatory systems
Electrical systems :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

Zann wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Hi, any P6 parents can share the P6 ERP booklist?
Wanted to buy a few books for DS to read first.

TIA.

Pls include me a copy too. Thanks.

Anyone can share any website to purchase e-book for the reading listing.

Hi,
One of the p6 gep English assignments is on Biography writing...hence part of the books in the p6 erp list are books abt biographies. Therefore they have to read some of these books to be quite familiar with this genre..

partial list from p6 gep erp on biographies

1. Anne Frank - Diary of a young girl
2.Annie Dillard - An American Childhood
3.Esther Hautzig - The Endless Steppe
4.Eudra Welty - One Writer's Beginnings
5. Jill ker Conway - The Road from Coorain
6. Kendall Hailey - The Day I Became an autodidact

(again not sure whether 2012 does the same thing)

Of all the recommended books, I think Diary of a young girl can be easily purchased from bookstores such as popular or kinochuniya...or you can try to borrow it from the library...If I did not remember wrongly, I only manage to get 2 of the above mentioned book for my ds to read....
Good luck all :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP