55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 am

vlim wrote:
Zann wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Hi, any P6 parents can share the P6 ERP booklist?
Wanted to buy a few books for DS to read first.

TIA.

Pls include me a copy too. Thanks.

Anyone can share any website to purchase e-book for the reading listing.

Hi,
One of the p6 gep English assignments is on Biography writing...hence part of the books in the p6 erp list are books abt biographies. Therefore they have to read some of these books to be quite familiar with this genre..

partial list from p6 gep erp on biographies

1. Anne Frank - Diary of a young girl
2.Annie Dillard - An American Childhood
3.Esther Hautzig - The Endless Steppe
4.Eudra Welty - One Writer's Beginnings
5. Jill ker Conway - The Road from Coorain
6. Kendall Hailey - The Day I Became an autodidact

(again not sure whether 2012 does the same thing)

Of all the recommended books, I think Diary of a young girl can be easily purchased from bookstores such as popular or kinochuniya...or you can try to borrow it from the library...If I did not remember wrongly, I only manage to get 2 of the above mentioned book for my ds to read....
Good luck all :smile:

Thank you Vlim.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:32 am

vlim wrote:
thmejlfm wrote:Hi!

Can someone tell me for P5's science, what is the topics like?

Thank you

The Sciences topics of p5 gep 2010 are as follows (don't know will it be the same in 2012)

Energy : Photosynthesis
Food Chain , Food Web
Cycles : Reproduction in plants, Reproduction in animals
Water cycles
Systems: Respiratory systems and Circulatory systems
Electrical systems :smile:

For 2011 P5, all of what Vlim listed and one more topic is cells. There will be IDP show & tell project. IDP = Interest Driven Project.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:35 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
vlim wrote:

Thank you

The Sciences topics of p5 gep 2010 are as follows (don't know will it be the same in 2012)

Food Chain , Food Web
Water cycles

For 2011 P5, all of what Vlim listed and one more topic is cells. There will be IDP show & tell project. IDP = Interest Driven Project.

Yes, in fact P5 this year, my dd started out with cells. I think most mainstream did it the other way round and started with reproduction.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby just888 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:01 am

25hr mama wrote:Hi all....:) the school gave my dd a letter from UNSW today. It is an invitation to receive a medal for icas English, at a medal presentation ceremony which will be held at Singapore Conference Hall. My dd achieved top 1% for English, math & Science last year too, but didn't receive any medal. Is this something new? Any parent knows anything abt this. TIA.

Sorry to interrupt.
Is the presentation meant for P4 and above? My DS didn't receive any letters for his computing achievement.

just888
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 am

just888 wrote:
25hr mama wrote:Hi all....:) the school gave my dd a letter from UNSW today. It is an invitation to receive a medal for icas English, at a medal presentation ceremony which will be held at Singapore Conference Hall. My dd achieved top 1% for English, math & Science last year too, but didn't receive any medal. Is this something new? Any parent knows anything abt this. TIA.

Sorry to interrupt.
Is the presentation meant for P4 and above? My DS didn't receive any letters for his computing achievement.

This year some of the UNSW icas results seem to issue very late. My p3 dd has not receive her science certificate while my p6 Ds has not received his maths results. I wonder are they still with UNSW or the schools are holding to it :roll: :roll:
But those medals awardees should have got the award ceremony Notification letter by now as this Thursday is the medal presentation ceremony Liao ..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby just888 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 am

vlim wrote:
just888 wrote:This year some of the UNSW icas results seem to issue very late. My p3 dd has not receive her science certificate while my p6 Ds has not received his maths results. I wonder are they still with UNSW or the schools are holding to it :roll: :roll:
But those medals awardees should have got the award ceremony by now as this Thursday is the medal presentation ceremony Liao ..

My son, P3, collected all his papers already. Computing is the 1st paper collected...last one Math and Science collected in Sep. Maybe the sch is slow in returning them as it is year end the sch is busy now.
BTW, you can login to check the results in the system using ur kids pin at the end of the previous result paper.

Maybe there is a selection criteria for the kids to attend. Thur my DS sch still having exam... urgh..

just888
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 8228 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 am

just888 wrote:
vlim wrote:
just888 wrote:This year some of the UNSW icas results seem to issue very late. My p3 dd has not receive her science certificate while my p6 Ds has not received his maths results. I wonder are they still with UNSW or the schools are holding to it :roll: :roll:
But those medals awardees should have got the award ceremony by now as this Thursday is the medal presentation ceremony Liao ..

My son, P3, collected all his papers already. Computing is the 1st paper collected...last one Math and Science collected in Sep. Maybe the sch is slow in returning them as it is year end the sch is busy now.
BTW, you can login to check the results in the system using ur kids pin at the end of the previous result paper.

Maybe there is a selection criteria for the kids to attend. Thur my DS sch still having exam... urgh..

Didn't know there is a paper for computing. Interesting but what is the purpose of taking this paper? Just for fun?!

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:00 am

Thank you, vlim and Flowermonaster.

My dd very weak in this subject. This SA result only Maths improved. The rest not so good. Only the SS above 80. :sweat: Her Chinese compo, the teacher said she wrote very well. But '离题‘。 :slapshead: English supposed to be her strong subject. But, now, so so....

I heard P5 will be very 'siong'.. Don't know how....

:scratchhead:

Flowermonaster wrote:
vlim wrote:

Thank you

Food Chain , Food Web
Water cycles

:thankyou:

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 25hr mama » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:54 am

My dd's teachers told them they won't know their marks for Chinese & English Compo, is this the same for all schools?

Will the kids be given some marks at least, even it is "离题"?

& Sorry to ask again, anyone know what is "STD DEV" as stated in the report book? Thanks in advance. :)
Last edited by 25hr mama on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:56 am

Hi thmejljm,
Don't be too worry la .... The kids should be able to survive and make themselves afloat Hahaaa ... P5 gep is more busy as compare to p4. But with p4 exposure in gep works, most of them should find p5 ok other then slightly more assignments/projects then p4. ...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres