35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby ctct61t » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:23 am

Herbie wrote:Thnks jtoh, my gal is still learning but i believe that she will be a very gd orator someday.

I am indeed proud of her.

Wish your DD get good result in the competition. :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
sleepy wrote:For GEP students in SAP schools, can choose to drop higher Chinese in p5 or kind of compulsory all the way to PSLE?

Can drop, no issue. But if drop in P5 cannot take in P6 anymore.

I thought in schools like NYPS HCL is compulsory and there's no option to take CL?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MandyMummy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
sleepy wrote:For GEP students in SAP schools, can choose to drop higher Chinese in p5 or kind of compulsory all the way to PSLE?

Can drop, no issue. But if drop in P5 cannot take in P6 anymore.

Ya, can drop in P5 based on P4 HCL results. But in SAP schools, not many will drop. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pinball » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi,

Can I check does anyone send their children to Learning Lab GEP classes?

My son goes there for maths and english classes, which is more like an enrichment for him cos he wants to learn more than what is being taught in school and I am not good at finding the materials or support his love for learning. He really enjoys attending TLL.

Since he is now accepted to GEP, I was thinking maybe the work would be more challenging so no longer need to attend TLL. We may want to drop all the classes at TLL.

Can some parents with kids from GEP able to share what is the workload like and if your kids have problem coping with it?

Thanks

pinball
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ctct61t » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:36 pm

pinball wrote:Hi,

My son goes there for maths and english classes, which is more like an enrichment for him cos he wants to learn more than what is being taught in school and I am not good at finding the materials or support his love for learning. He really enjoys attending TLL.

Since he is now accepted to GEP, I was thinking maybe the work would be more challenging so no longer need to attend TLL. We may want to drop all the classes at TLL.

Can some parents with kids from GEP able to share what is the workload like and if your kids have problem coping with it?

Thanks

My friend's DD is in GEP class, 99% student's in her DD's class are attending TLL english, most of them are taking science as well. Based on my friend's description, those who attended TLL science got higher average marks.

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm

my dd and a few of her friends left tll.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:45 pm

ctct61t wrote:

Thanks

My friend's DD is in GEP class, 99% student's in her DD's class are attending TLL english, most of them are taking science as well. Based on my friend's description, those who attended TLL science got higher average marks.

99% is very high. Is this more common for girls to go tuition. It is very tough to persude my ds to go tuition because he treasures and values his own free time. In my son school, not that many students have tuition leh. In fact those who topped the subjects have no tuition.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm

My DS attended TLL science & English b4. Now no tuition & coping ok. I withdrew him from science because the school kept changing teacher & the new teacher is not so good. No chemistry between him & the new teacher. Furthermore, he felt that he can manage on his own. So why waste money? I believed TLL has very good English materials and that's what I like about it. But after attending a term, we felt that there is not much different in his grade due to too many occasion with replacement teachers.
I would suggest not to attend any tuition or enrichment first. Monitor his/her progress in GEP & decide later. If child attained more than the mean mark, it means he/she is coping fine. Unless, you r aiming for top scorer.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks

Workload for P4 is okay.

I am not sure if the syllabus at TLL follows GEP closely. Some kids attend enrichment cos they need extra help; some attend cos they are eager to learn beyond what is taught in school.

If your DS is enjoys the enrichment lessons there perhaps let him continue for a term next year before making a decision whether to carry on or not?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:18 pm

ctct61t wrote: My friend's DD is in GEP class, 99% student's in her DD's class are attending TLL english, most of them are taking science as well. Based on my friend's description, those who attended TLL science got higher average marks.

:scared: wah 99%!

in dd's school, those who attend enrichment mostly take mother tongue classes.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres