35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Neko » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I remember one of dd's teacher mentioned shdn't start preparing them for psle too early as they'll get 'sian' very fast

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm

TwaTau wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Thanks TwaTau for the advice. Your DS school teachers bought all subjects for them? Where they buy them from? :?

Don't know, DS came back with a form to pay and that was it. You going to start PSLE preparation now, :scared:

No, not so early. My friend got lobang to get it cheaper if buy in bulk, so she asked me want to join or not? I am still thinking if I should order now. :scratchhead:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Neko wrote:I remember one of dd's teacher mentioned shdn't start preparing them for psle too early as they'll get 'sian' very fast

Ur DD P6 this year? Can advise when she starts her preparation? TIA.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Neko wrote:
jtoh wrote:In term 3. No need to go back to school during June holidays. Not for my dd's batch anyway.

Thank you, jtoh! Guess the preparation shd be quite intensive if it only starts in Term 3!

Besides SS portfolio (2 portfolios?), are there other projects in P6?

Yap ... Preparation starts in term 3 as term 2, there are still gep sa1 exams .. July-aug will be busy with DSA stuff ..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
TwaTau wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Dear Parents who had gone through PSLE, can you please advise if the Top Sch papers help in the PSLE? I am thinking if I should get them for my DS to prepare him for next year PSLE.
MTIA.

My DS school bought it for them, and they do them in school. So check out with the teachers first before buying.

Thanks TwaTau for the advice. Your DS school teachers bought all subjects for them? Where they buy them from? :?

I think they maybe got them directly from other schools.. :roll: ... And the papers are current yrs sa1 or prelim ( of course Over Liao by then la )...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 am

Neko wrote:I remember one of dd's teacher mentioned shdn't start preparing them for psle too early as they'll get 'sian' very fast

Think can start earlier for Eng and 2nd lang but need not be too intensive.

As for Math, most of the geppers will not have a problem.

But for science, they need time to tune to mainstream level. my experience is that they tend to misinterprete the qns. this tuning better to do in term 3.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks Neko & Nebbermind for the great info & advice! I tried to test him on Science yesterday and yes, he gave too much info, think too deeply & this really freak me out! :nailbite:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 am

Flowermonaster wrote:Thanks Neko & Nebbermind for the great info & advice! I tried to test him on Science yesterday and yes, he gave too much info, think too deeply & this really freak me out! :nailbite:

I had my share of shock :yikes: too! Then I realised I also cannot answer the qns correctly coz I was not trained to look out for the keywords and understand the context of the qns.

Personally, for science, don't rush into past yr paper...just read casually the prescribed science revision book during the 1st 2 term to warm up.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:51 am

Nebbermind wrote:But for science, they need time to tune to mainstream level. my experience is that they tend to misinterprete the qns. this tuning better to do in term 3.

It is better to send them for Mainstream Science tuition?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:11 am

Nebbermind wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Thanks Neko & Nebbermind for the great info & advice! I tried to test him on Science yesterday and yes, he gave too much info, think too deeply & this really freak me out! :nailbite:

I had my share of shock :yikes: too! Then I realised I also cannot answer the qns correctly coz I was not trained to look out for the keywords and understand the context of the qns.

Personally, for science, don't rush into past yr paper...just read casually the prescribed science revision book during the 1st 2 term to warm up.

Thanks for making me feel better. :love:
May I know what is the prescribed science revision book? The Ultimate Science guide?

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres