Re: All About GEP

Postby deardear07 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Oh...wow!thanks! Will go check them out

deardear07
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MotherHen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 am

In the event that anyone is hunting down books on the ERP list, I have so far been getting them from the second hand bookshops at Bras Basah Complex. They don't have everything, but I'm usually able to get a few titles from each year's list, and definitely cheaper than a brand new book :smile:

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sweetprincess » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi, may i please ask if the reading list is the same for all the Gep schools? Many thanks in advance.

sweetprincess
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby shalomger » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

ooioo wrote:@Bay - 不用谢 :)

Just remember this, you do not have to follow the list's order, meaning p4 reads only p4 list. P4 can read any books from p4, 5 or 6 list. Is how much the child understands and is illuminate by the book she reads, thus is better that the genre is one which interests them ang gets absorb by it.

If any 弟弟 or 妹妹 out there is interested and reads books from this list is even better.

Life is a learning journey, you cannot get nothing out of it.

Thanks soooo much! Aiya DS would hv liked Sherlock Holmes as part of his ERP list. He just started reading SH mysteries. If cannot borrow, can read online at literary.org :)

shalomger
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 am

sweetprincess wrote:Hi, may i please ask if the reading list is the same for all the Gep schools? Many thanks in advance.

Should be the same for all, though not sure if individual school will add in extra? The basic lists are given by GE branch.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sweetprincess » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Thank you very much for taking your time to share the information. Greatly appreciate it.

sweetprincess
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ooioo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:16 pm

@sholomger - 别客气, 谢谢你的链接

Please note the list is not exhaustive, and don't restrict the genre that your child is reading, except for books that contains extreme violence, sexual or extremist context.

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blessmum4 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:10 am

comfy wrote:
Michecplow wrote:
comfy wrote:at this moment, I don't think so.

Hi Comfy,
according to my ds , 1/3 of his classmates , especially girls, are with mathhub .. perhapes you could find out more from the centre ?
i m sorry that i can't provide much information about mathhub, as ds does not attend any math tuition .

Thanks Micherplow for taking an interest in my 'plight'. I have some kind souls who have gave me some suggestions of books and enrichment centres. I will share more once I have a some sort of results. Hope that it will be good news. :smile:

hi comfy, mind if I ask did u send your kid to GEP Prep class?

blessmum4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 pm

blessmum4 wrote:
comfy wrote:
Michecplow wrote:Hi Comfy,
according to my ds , 1/3 of his classmates , especially girls, are with mathhub .. perhapes you could find out more from the centre ?
i m sorry that i can't provide much information about mathhub, as ds does not attend any math tuition .

Thanks Micherplow for taking an interest in my 'plight'. I have some kind souls who have gave me some suggestions of books and enrichment centres. I will share more once I have a some sort of results. Hope that it will be good news. :smile:

hi comfy, mind if I ask did u send your kid to GEP Prep class?

I don't mind, the answer is no. Anyway, after reading from parents of this thread (earlier), it is not advisable too. How about u?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blessmum4 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:36 pm

hi comfy, mind if I ask did u send your kid to GEP Prep class? [/quote]
I don't mind, the answer is no. Anyway, after reading from parents of this thread (earlier), it is not advisable too. How about u?[/quote]

I didn't too. We were surprise she got through the 2nd round as we totally didn't bother to prepare her as she was never those top students in her class/school. When we got the call from her teacher, we Thot that the GEP/school must hv made a mistake. After reading this threat, I'm worried if she can cope with the GEP programme.

blessmum4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP