Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Zann » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 pm

vlim wrote:Hi, I heard that few of the p5 gep kids are selected to go Japan for an event...Any parent knows abt it? :D

Vllim, are u referring to your school GEP or all P5 GEP kids in Singapore? Need to pay?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 am

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:Hi, I heard that few of the p5 gep kids are selected to go Japan for an event...Any parent knows abt it? :D

Vllim, are u referring to your school GEP or all P5 GEP kids in Singapore? Need to pay?

I was told by another parent whose p5 kid is in another gep school said that 2 gep kids of every gep center will be selected to go Japan... but my son has no idea abt this event at all.... so probably my son not selected or his school not involve in this event... :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi all gepers' mum and dad, I found the articles in the below link interesting...it is related to gifted kids and also abt UK dismantling their gifted program in the public school...http://www.examiner.com/x-34673-Gifted- ... ed-program :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby xxjustakidxx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't see how good GEP is. Mainstream pupils perform almost the same as GEP pupils.

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 pm

xxjustakidxx wrote:I don't see how good GEP is. Mainstream pupils perform almost the same as GEP pupils.

Hm... curious what is the context of this post. PSLE? Do well in life? :?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MdmKS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 pm

xxjustakidxx wrote:I don't see how good GEP is. Mainstream pupils perform almost the same as GEP pupils.

As what discussed in the thread, more than once, GEP does not garantee success in life and PSLE, it is just another programme in school, you may call it enriched or advanced.

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby syshi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am

MdmKS wrote:

As what discussed in the thread, more than once, GEP does not garantee success in life and PSLE, it is just another programme in school, you may call it enriched or advanced.

From what I heard, GEP is more on different approach of teaching... result mostly on the long term based...

One of my DD teacher told me that differences for his DS (GEP) and DD (non-GEP) are as below:
1. PSLE - DD did better than DS
2. University - DS got First Class Honour compare to DD which is Second Class Honour...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am

Well to me, GEP is a programme to further stretch and nurture the 'higher ability' kids. It is a programme to see how far can these group of students be stretched and of course those kids who are able to cope well will be those that are able to benefit from this programme the most.
As at for Primary School Leaving Exam, it is to test how well P6 students have understand the school education syllabus and how well they have prepared for it.. :wink:..nevertheless also the student academic ability.. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:42 am

My ds got bored easily in class last time and we used to receive negative feeback such as not paying attention from his tr. Hope this programme keep him engaged and I am begining to see his interest in going to school ,talking about it and more keen in doing his homework.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Zann wrote:My ds got bored easily in class last time and we used to receive negative feeback such as not paying attention from his tr. Hope this programme keep him engaged and I am begining to see his interest in going to school ,talking about it and more keen in doing his homework.

That's what we parents looking forward to right... :love:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge