35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

The ct and SA papers are marked by students own teachers right. It is unlike PSLE which has a central marking by different teachers. If so, how do they ensure fairness, especially when the P6 SA result is going to be used for DSA?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Kafer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm

jtoh wrote:
Kafer wrote:Will the dsa result be out before the kids sit for psle?

Yes.

Thanks! I juz realised tat the result will be out around end Aug.

Kafer
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Zann wrote:The ct and SA papers are marked by students own teachers right. It is unlike PSLE which has a central marking by different teachers. If so, how do they ensure fairness, especially when the P6 SA result is going to be used for DSA?

believe most DSA process incl a test or day camp or interview or combi. It is not just past results.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Zann wrote:The ct and SA papers are marked by students own teachers right. It is unlike PSLE which has a central marking by different teachers. If so, how do they ensure fairness, especially when the P6 SA result is going to be used for DSA?

believe most DSA process incl a test or day camp or interview or combi. It is not just past results.

but there is this 80% thingy ...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm

The teachers have their marking rubrics. And GEP HQ will moderate if necessary. So don't worry about it.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Zann » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 pm

jtoh wrote:

The teachers have their marking rubrics. And GEP HQ will moderate if necessary. So don't worry about it.

moderation is one thing but here I am referring to the script marked by only one teacher recently. Thot they used to have the papers marked by two teachers (saw it when ds was in P4) to counter check? What if sch A does very well and sch B does badly, wonder if they will review the marking details to investigate why?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Zann wrote:
jtoh wrote:

moderation is one thing but here I am referring to the script marked by only one teacher recently. Thot they used to have the papers marked by two teachers (saw it when ds was in P4) to counter check? What if sch A does very well and sch B does badly, wonder if they will review the marking details to investigate why?

All the marks are sent to GEP HQ and if one school is scoring very well while another is scoring very badly they will definitely investigate.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Kafer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm

musette wrote:
Kafer wrote::smile: My gal also got back her ct marks.
Her result are ok..

Good for her! Now I'm worried if my dd's CT
results are going to affect her dsa.

I m ok with her result as long as she put in her best

Kafer
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Zann wrote:

80% GEP or mainstream? which schools require the 80% thingy?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Zann wrote:

80% GEP or mainstream? which schools require the 80% thingy?

RI --- 80 % and above for p6 gep (ca1+sa1), kids will skip GAt for RI DSA. But please check with RI DSA website again in case there is any chances ..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres