LEARNConcierge

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

vlim wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:
Zann wrote:
but there is this 80% thingy ...

80% GEP or mainstream? which schools require the 80% thingy?

RI --- 80 % and above for p6 gep (ca1+sa1), kids will skip GAt for RI DSA. But please check with RI DSA website again in case there is any chances ..


Vlim, I used to see the tests papers marked by two teachers but recently only 1 and really I find one of OE compre in Chinese papers was penalized too heavily though the points are there compared to the answer coped by ds . Similarly for Science and SS OE questions. It will be good if there is another markers like they used to have. Not sure how was it like last year in your GE centre

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:80% GEP or mainstream? which schools require the 80% thingy?

RI --- 80 % and above for p6 gep (ca1+sa1), kids will skip GAt for RI DSA. But please check with RI DSA website again in case there is any chances ..


Vlim, I used to see the tests papers marked by two teachers but recently only 1 and really I find one of OE compre in Chinese papers was penalized too heavily though the points are there compared to the answer coped by ds . Similarly for Science and SS OE questions. It will be good if there is another markers like they used to have. Not sure how was it like last year in your GE centre

Hi zann,
Errr ...I am not too sure about the markings system ... But if your kid think tt his answer deserve more marks, can try to discuss with the teacher abt the answer again ..;)

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

vlim wrote:Errr ...I am not too sure about the markings system ... But if your kid think tt his answer deserve more marks, can try to discuss with the teacher abt the answer again ..;)

so many of them go to the tr so she claimed no more dispute :roll: ...
Best is they gather the GE tr at one of the centre and do central marking, anyway not many pupils like PSLE wat. Having another marker within is not as bad as just depend on one marker, especially in OE component and SA compo.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:Errr ...I am not too sure about the markings system ... But if your kid think tt his answer deserve more marks, can try to discuss with the teacher abt the answer again ..;)

so many of them go to the tr so she claimed no more dispute :roll: ...
Best is they gather the GE tr at one of the centre and do central marking, anyway not many pupils like PSLE wat. Having another marker within is not as bad as just depend on one marker, especially in OE component and SA compo.

I thOught sometime they do????... :roll: anyway I not so sure abt it :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: All About GEP

Postby trileets » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 pm

May I know when the deadline for the final submission of the P5 IRS project is?

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi, does anyone know anything about the Science camps organized by RI and HCI during the coming June holiday?

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby E3 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am

Hi,

Can someone share what's meant by Investigative Math for the GEP exam? Thanks.

E3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:14 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby ksme » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 am

E3 wrote:Hi,

Can someone share what's meant by Investigative Math for the GEP exam? Thanks.


E3,
Your child is in P4 right? For P4, it is about patterns ie finding the nth term. For P4, it is simple nth term, no quadratic equations. For the investigative papers, most GEP students will get full marks, and if not full marks, usually due to careless mistakes. The teachers will be giving them practice papers to do before the actual test so you don't have to worry too much about it.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby ksme » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

8228 wrote:Hi, does anyone know anything about the Science camps organized by RI and HCI during the coming June holiday?


We received news about HCI Science workshops to be conducted over 3 full days (8am-5pm)in 2nd week of June holiday but not RI Science camp. Is there 1 organised by RI?

The HCI one will cover Biology, Chemistry and Physics related stuff. Is it the same schedule and same topics as what your ds received?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 am

ksme wrote:
8228 wrote:Hi, does anyone know anything about the Science camps organized by RI and HCI during the coming June holiday?


We received news about HCI Science workshops to be conducted over 3 full days (8am-5pm)in 2nd week of June holiday but not RI Science camp. Is there 1 organised by RI?

The HCI one will cover Biology, Chemistry and Physics related stuff. Is it the same schedule and same topics as what your ds received?


My ds's science teacher mentioned to the class that there would be science camp by both RI and HCI during June holiday. Limit to 2 participants only (not sure per class or per school). No paper was given. So, I don't have much details other that what my ds told me. :shrug:

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge