Re: All About GEP

Postby sweetprincess » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am

Hi Flowermonaster, yes she is.

sweetprincess
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Buzydad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi, any parent could advise whether it is safe to book for tour package now to go for holidays immeditely or a few days after PSLE? Any programme P6 students are required to participate in after PSLE? TIA for advice..

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Buzydad wrote:Hi, any parent could advise whether it is safe to book for tour package now to go for holidays immeditely or a few days after PSLE? Any programme P6 students are required to participate in after PSLE? TIA for advice..

I think it's safe to go during PSLE marking day. I am planning a tour during that period. :dancing:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Buzydad » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
Buzydad wrote:Hi, any parent could advise whether it is safe to book for tour package now to go for holidays immeditely or a few days after PSLE? Any programme P6 students are required to participate in after PSLE? TIA for advice..

I think it's safe to go during PSLE marking day. I am planning a tour during that period. :dancing:

But going for a tour during PSLE marking days is not suitable for my dd :slapshead:

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:29 am

Hi everybody, any idea after PSLE posting result is out in the 3rd or 4th week of December (say, 19th or 20th of December), besides reporting to the secondary school on the next working day, is there any other important thing (apart from buying school uniform etc) the student has to do on the folloing few days, before the secondary school term starts in the 1st week of January? (I am still on the topic of finding a sutiable period to go for holidays to relax after PSLE exams and before the new school term starts..)

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 am

Buzydad, if your child don't mind missing her last Children's day celebration, I think it's ok to go after her last paper too. :)

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:11 am

Buzydad wrote:Hi everybody, any idea after PSLE posting result is out in the 3rd or 4th week of December (say, 19th or 20th of December), besides reporting to the secondary school on the next working day, is there any other important thing (apart from buying school uniform etc) the student has to do on the folloing few days, before the secondary school term starts in the 1st week of January? (I am still on the topic of finding a sutiable period to go for holidays to relax after PSLE exams and before the new school term starts..)

You need to report to school the day after the results and also to MOELC for 3rd lang a few days later. Other than that it's just admin details which the school may require you to hand in. Why not go in the days before results are out? You can have a longer break then too.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am

Flowermonaster wrote:Buzydad, if your child don't mind missing her last Children's day celebration, I think it's ok to go after her last paper too. :)

Thanks, Flowermonaster. I think my ds would really mind missing it if there are celebration parties with his friends. He could be quite sentimnetal about old freindships. He couldn't bear to leave his old schoolmates when transferring to a new school in P4. During the early pre-school days, he even hugged some of his friends before going home. :smile: Anyway, thanks for the information.

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

Buzydad wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Buzydad, if your child don't mind missing her last Children's day celebration, I think it's ok to go after her last paper too. :)

Thanks, Flowermonaster. I think my ds would really mind missing it if there are celebration parties with his friends. He could be quite sentimnetal about old freindships. He couldn't bear to leave his old schoolmates when transferring to a new school in P4. During the early pre-school days, he even hugged some of his friends before going home. :smile: Anyway, thanks for the information.

:yikes: Sorry, mistaken your boy as a girl! Yeah I thought so too. Most kids would wanna celebrate Children's day. Then you might want to check with his Sch teacher on the dates safe for him to travel before you book your vacation. Happy planning! :smile:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

jtoh wrote:
Buzydad wrote:Hi everybody, any idea after PSLE posting result is out in the 3rd or 4th week of December (say, 19th or 20th of December), besides reporting to the secondary school on the next working day, is there any other important thing (apart from buying school uniform etc) the student has to do on the folloing few days, before the secondary school term starts in the 1st week of January? (I am still on the topic of finding a sutiable period to go for holidays to relax after PSLE exams and before the new school term starts..)

You need to report to school the day after the results and also to MOELC for 3rd lang a few days later. Other than that it's just admin details which the school may require you to hand in. Why not go in the days before results are out? You can have a longer break then too.

Thanks for the information and advice, jtoh. So there is still a possibility of 3rd language matters. :scratchhead: Unlikely the previous years, may only be able to make it for holidays together with the whole family this year end in the last 2 weeks-lah. Nvm, better focus on the preparation of the PSLE first!

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres