Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu May 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
yukilei wrote:DS has taken his CL today. He was hoping that he could use this to meet the 80% target.. but he realise that he has written out of content for his compo.. he's very upset now. :(

Yukilei, do tell him not to feel upset, it's done & over. Concentrate & do well for the rest of the subjects & he can still meet his 80% target. Jia you!

and it could be just 不切题 and not as bad as he think.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby MotherHen » Thu May 03, 2012 5:10 pm

yukilei wrote:DS has taken his CL today. He was hoping that he could use this to meet the 80% target.. but he realise that he has written out of content for his compo.. he's very upset now. :(

Hi Yukilei, don't worry. I'm sure your DS will do fine. DD also came back today and was really upset as she knew that she had already lost 4 marks in the main paper (on top of many more marks to be lost in comprehension, her weakest section). I think the kids themselves are stressed, as they know that the marks are important for DSA.

So even though I was freaking out quietly when I heard what she said, I reassured her that it was OK, and encouraged her to do her best for tomorrow's paper.

All the best to your DS!!

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby yukilei » Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:

Yukilei, do tell him not to feel upset, it's done & over. Concentrate & do well for the rest of the subjects & he can still meet his 80% target. Jia you!

That's what I told him. Beside, he has done well for his oral cos his teacher said that he's very good. So I told him if he does well for paper 2, he may just fall short of 80% by 10%. Use other subjects to build up that 10%.

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby yukilei » Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 pm

MotherHen wrote:

Hi Yukilei, don't worry. I'm sure your DS will do fine. DD also came back today and was really upset as she knew that she had already lost 4 marks in the main paper (on top of many more marks to be lost in comprehension, her weakest section). I think the kids themselves are stressed, as they know that the marks are important for DSA.

So even though I was freaking out quietly when I heard what she said, I reassured her that it was OK, and encouraged her to do her best for tomorrow's paper.

All the best to your DS!!

Thks MotherHen. I'm also freaking out but have to act cool. I even told him to continue to work hard for HCL. Though it does not constitute the 80%, but since we're giving the school the report book, the school may notice that he has been doing well for HCL. So, they may know that his low CL could be due to compo & can be excuse..... hopefully.

Actually Chinese is not his forte.. but he has been surprising me with his Chinese result since P5. So I guess he pin some hope on it.

All the best to your DD too!!!!

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 8228 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:19 pm

vlim wrote:Hi zann, errrrr ... For p4&5, the geppers who take hcl will only take hcl ct and SA papers . So for DSA school who is looking at their p4&5 result, will look at their p4&5 hcl result. But in p6 where p6 geppers will take both cl and hcl papers ... I guess they will mainly look at their cl sa1 result and most likely also look into hcl result if it is a sap school ..
Hope I have answered your qn ..

Are the P6 GEP SA1 CL and HCL papers set by GEP centre? My ds told me that the mainstream classes seem to be doing the same papers.

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Thu May 03, 2012 7:06 pm

8228 wrote:
vlim wrote:Hi zann, errrrr ... For p4&5, the geppers who take hcl will only take hcl ct and SA papers . So for DSA school who is looking at their p4&5 result, will look at their p4&5 hcl result. But in p6 where p6 geppers will take both cl and hcl papers ... I guess they will mainly look at their cl sa1 result and most likely also look into hcl result if it is a sap school ..

Are the P6 GEP SA1 CL and HCL papers set by GEP centre? My ds told me that the mainstream classes seem to be doing the same papers.

I think it is those mainstream pupils who twin with GEP for HCL lesson.

Not sure too.. :shrug:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby yukilei » Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 pm

8228 wrote:

Should be set by GE branch. My DS's school mainstream students took their CL last week.

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby clover18 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi, Any P5 gep parents out there....do you have the topics to be covered for next week's science SA1?

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby RachelSmiley » Fri May 04, 2012 12:47 am

Gep P4
• Plant parts and functions
• Heat and Light
• Water Cycle
• Diversity of Materials
• Matter & Its 3 states

Gep P5
• Electricity
• Diversity of living things
• Cells

Does anyone know if Reproduction of Plants is tested?

RachelSmiley
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pinball » Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 am

RachelSmiley wrote:Gep P4
• Plant parts and functions
• Heat and Light
• Water Cycle
• Diversity of Materials
• Matter & Its 3 states

Gep P5
• Electricity
• Diversity of living things
• Cells

Does anyone know if Reproduction of Plants is tested?

P4 GEP science will be tested on so many topics? Oh Gosh I thought they will only be tested on Matter and Heat which is what has been covered so far :cry:

pinball
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge