35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby MdmKS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:the opt out system was introduced around year 2007

only some schools started to "pioneer" high ability learners (HAL) category in 2008 and some of the selected HAL students got offered (only) selected topics / programs of GEP .... to stretch their learning ability vis-a-vis GEPpers...

Are u refering to NHPS twining program?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm

ks2me wrote:
ngbrdad wrote:My son in P5 GEP is given 3 days to either finish reading Animal Farm or at lest finish watching the video.
I remember I read the book for my JC 1 GP assignment last time.
Will P5 kids understand what's it all about ?

Animal Farm was also Sec 1 Literature book and I agree it is quite cheem for children to understand it fully.

my son this yr in p5 but did not hear from him that they need to read this book yet .. :? He is reading the Sherlock Holms series now..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm

MdmKS wrote:Are u refering to NHPS twining program?

No. Twinning is not the same as some of the HAL program
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:No. Twinning is not the same as some of the HAL program

Are these programs the school-based ones like MGS, ACS(J), and a few other schools have?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:No. Twinning is not the same as some of the HAL program

I think different gep schools have different name for the integrated programme whereby classes (normally about 2) of high ability students will integrate with the gepers during the HCL, art, music and p.e lessons :D .

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 pm

vlim wrote:I think different gep schools have different name for the integrated programme whereby classes (normally about 2) of high ability students will integrate with the gepers during the HCL, art, music and p.e lessons :D .

I think this is a different program. Ha ha... I find the high ability non-gepers even more kiasu and tensed than the gepers... why har?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MdmKS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:GEP Branch has adopted the term "high ability learner" for their tracking purposes, in addition to the tracking of GEPpers

How and what do they track for both HAL and GEPers? And what is the purpose?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 pm

MdmKS wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:GEP Branch has adopted the term "high ability learner" for their tracking purposes, in addition to the tracking of GEPpers

Actually, I also wonder why. I was told that even amongst the GEPers, they are looking for that one or two outstanding ones only... well, that's when the program first started 20+ years or so ago.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:43 pm

2ppaamm wrote:
MdmKS wrote:

Actually, I also wonder why. I was told that even amongst the GEPers, they are looking for that one or two outstanding ones only... well, that's when the program first started 20+ years or so ago.

I think basically there are 2 reasons for it
1- They want to let the gepers mix around with some non-gep kids so as to improve the gepers' social skill and not putting themselves in a 'separate world' as the mainstream students..

2- Heard that moe actually wanted to increase the no. of kids enrol into the gep but for some reasons(eg not enough qualified teachers and so forth) they are not able to do so...so I think by setting up the high ability classes it enable these kids to participate in part of the ge programme...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 pm

2ppaamm wrote:
MdmKS wrote:

hah u mean one or two out of the 500 gepers? :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres