Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby cluelessmama » Thu May 10, 2012 10:40 am

gladtobemom wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:Both dd n i are so glad that maths is on monday.... still have sat n sun to revise. Shudder to think if it were on Fri :nailbite:


I agree. So glad it's on Monday.
There's also the persuasive speech to prepare.


Her persuasive speech is on Fri. Her teacher that since they have been given so much time to prepare beforehand, it shouldn't matter if it's before maths exams or after. :sweat:

Luckily, with my constant nagging, dd has done about 90%. :xedfingers:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:15 am

What's the scope for P6 SA1 Maths next Monday? Only what they have learnt this year or also include those taught in P4 and P5?

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby cluelessmama » Thu May 10, 2012 3:50 pm

8228 wrote:What's the scope for P6 SA1 Maths next Monday? Only what they have learnt this year or also include those taught in P4 and P5?


dd says only p6 but i hope she is correct coz sometimes she could be "blur". :xedfingers:

if she's wrong,can some kind so pls let me know. thanks

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

My dd persuasive sppech was done before exam and she scored full marks for it.
Maths sa will be based on p6 topics.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby cluelessmama » Thu May 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Herbie wrote:My dd persuasive sppech was done before exam and she scored full marks for it.
Maths sa will be based on p6 topics.


Thanks

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:05 am
Total Likes: 1



Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks cluelessmama and Herbie.

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:11 pm

How do you help your dc prepare for the maths test? There is no past year paper for GEP. If I give him mainstream papers, he will say they are too easy or the topics are different. What he will do is just quickly flip through the notes and worksheets and he will finish them before I finish reading my newspaper.

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby yukilei » Fri May 11, 2012 7:33 am

gladtobemom wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:Both dd n i are so glad that maths is on monday.... still have sat n sun to revise. Shudder to think if it were on Fri :nailbite:


I agree. So glad it's on Monday.
There's also the persuasive speech to prepare.


My DS also need to present the persuasive speech today. Other than that, still have to do 听写。Then I see him struggling whole night trying to memorise the speech & 听写 para. :sweat:

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby yukilei » Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 am

8228 wrote:How do you help your dc prepare for the maths test? There is no past year paper for GEP. If I give him mainstream papers, he will say they are too easy or the topics are different. What he will do is just quickly flip through the notes and worksheets and he will finish them before I finish reading my newspaper.


Is your dd in masterclass? My DS is still staying back for masterclass today. His teacher said it's good to practise the masterclass material as past years paper do contain some questions from the material.

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:20 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby 8228 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 am

yukilei wrote:
8228 wrote:How do you help your dc prepare for the maths test? There is no past year paper for GEP. If I give him mainstream papers, he will say they are too easy or the topics are different. What he will do is just quickly flip through the notes and worksheets and he will finish them before I finish reading my newspaper.


Is your dd in masterclass? My DS is still staying back for masterclass today. His teacher said it's good to practise the masterclass material as past years paper do contain some questions from the material.


What is masterclass? I don't think my dc's school has one.

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres