55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby yukilei » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 am

Zann wrote:
yukilei wrote:
Zann wrote:My ds is busy with his SS 2nd entry and project. There is not much homework also.

Zann, what is this SS 2nd entry & project about? I know they're suppose to do Problem solving but this is in group. & I know there should be last project, something related to Spore & Asean or Asia, not very sure, but my DS said he does not have any SS to do.

As for homework, he was given tons of testpapers to do. Guess this is not related to GE prog.

May be diff school has diff pace and schedule. SS 2nd entry is something like the 1st entry. I am so sure the nature of the group project but saw my ds have frequent group meetings with his team over Chat and preparing for presentation slides.

Thks Zann. Check with my DS last night. He said his SS teacher has yet to return anything to them for amendment. As for group project, also not completed but his grp is not arranging to meet during the school holidays. *sign* guess all the SS projs will kick in when sch reopen. By then, believe the teachers will also drill them with tons of worksheets!!!
Will be very stessful then... :sweat:

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 8228 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Will all GEPpers sit for the same PSLE prelim or their respective school's prelim?

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:34 pm

They willl sit their Respective sch's prelim

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 8228 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 am

Herbie wrote:They willl sit their Respective sch's prelim

:thankyou:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:47 am

8228 wrote:

:thankyou:

You are welcome!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby a child » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Ex-Gepper popping in again. If I remember correctly, we sit for our respective schools' prelims, but later on there is also a (relatively insignificant) GE mock test to be taken that is of a similar nature to prelims. The GE mock test score however is not recorded in the report book or anywhere, and it's taken nowhere as seriously as prelims.

But then again, I graduated two years ago, and actually most people don't really remember this test because it was really just treated as a practice like prelims should. Just taken during class and everything. But it IS a full set of all papers.

a child
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:32 pm

a child wrote:

Ex-Gepper popping in again. If I remember correctly, we sit for our respective schools' prelims, but later on there is also a (relatively insignificant) GE mock test to be taken that is of a similar nature to prelims. The GE mock test score however is not recorded in the report book or anywhere, and it's taken nowhere as seriously as prelims.

But then again, I graduated two years ago, and actually most people don't really remember this test because it was really just treated as a practice like prelims should. Just taken during class and everything. But it IS a full set of all papers.

Hi a child, did your Ts tell you what's the purpose of taking that? :?
TIA.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi a child, was the mock test for Social Studies only? I thought the other GEP subjects are all ended before June holiday?

Parents of last year P6 GEP also kindly share what happened last year. TIA.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 8228 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm

My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

8228 wrote:My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:

17% failed the baseline? Did your ds's teacher say this is the norm yearly or just this year? :scratchhead:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP