All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 24,

Re: All About GEP

Post by Zann » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:29 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
8228 wrote:My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:


17% failed the baseline? Did your ds's teacher say this is the norm yearly or just this year? :scratchhead:


May be the "best" GEP school has more classes of GEP students and the "worst" GEP school has only 1 class so much fewer headcount therefore percentage higher.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Nov 06,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About GEP

Post by cluelessmama » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Zann wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
8228 wrote:My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:


17% failed the baseline? Did your ds's teacher say this is the norm yearly or just this year? :scratchhead:


May be the "best" GEP school has more classes of GEP students and the "worst" GEP school has only 1 class so much fewer headcount therefore percentage higher.


I wonder if it refers to all levels or the P6s?

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15,

Re: All About GEP

Post by 8228 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
8228 wrote:My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:


17% failed the baseline? Did your ds's teacher say this is the norm yearly or just this year? :scratchhead:


Didn't say.

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15,

Re: All About GEP

Post by 8228 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:02 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
Zann wrote:May be the "best" GEP school has more classes of GEP students and the "worst" GEP school has only 1 class so much fewer headcount therefore percentage higher.


I wonder if it refers to all levels or the P6s?


For all the GEP schools, I think there are 2 to 4 classes in each school.

I think it referes to P6 only.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Nov 06,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About GEP

Post by cluelessmama » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 pm

8228 wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
Zann wrote:May be the "best" GEP school has more classes of GEP students and the "worst" GEP school has only 1 class so much fewer headcount therefore percentage higher.


I wonder if it refers to all levels or the P6s?


For all the GEP schools, I think there are 2 to 4 classes in each school.

I think it referes to P6 only.


I hope the children will not be too discouraged. They need plenty of encouragement . :grphug:


Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Feb 13,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About GEP

Post by Lynn2010 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Out of curiosity - which is the best GEP school and which is the GEP school

8228
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Apr 15,

Re: All About GEP

Post by 8228 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:Out of curiosity - which is the best GEP school and which is the GEP school


Better not reveal, otherwise the "worst" gep school will have no gep student next year and many geppers will try to enter the "best" gep school.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11314
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm

8228 wrote:My ds's teacher told the class that the percentage of GEPpers failed the baseline (70% for 4 subjects average) based on SA1 results this year:

The best GEP school - 2%
The worst GEP school - 17%. :yikes:


That's quite a lot. I expected only a handful to follow below the baseline.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11314
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:Out of curiosity - which is the best GEP school and which is the GEP school


I think from past year performance can roughly guess which are the better GEP schools.

verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11679
Joined: Mon Jan 04,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by verykiasu2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 am

Lynn2010 wrote:Out of curiosity - which is the best GEP school and which is the GEP school


this type of question will cause people to be stoned :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Post Reply