55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby jtoh » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
jtoh wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:If u managed to dsa not a IS, chances is that u will get the eesis. But if u have less than 250 n trying to get into IS via S1, chances of getting into IS n the sbge is really not too good. Maybe that's how the 250 came about.

EESIS is only for INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS (IS), so if you aren't in an IS you won't be awarded EESIS.

Oops! Didn't proof read. It's meant to be 'into' n I believe the spell check change it into 'not' when I type nto

:laugh: The perils of using auto-correct. :lol:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby KSmom8 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:53 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
KSmom8 wrote:Oh, i thought that one of the criteria for EEIS was a min Tscore of 250? :? Remember hearing about a 250 t-score requirement, what is it for?

If u managed to dsa INTO a IS, chances is that u will get the eesis. But if u have less than 250 n trying to get into IS via S1, chances of getting into IS n the sbge is really not too good. Maybe that's how the 250 came about.

:thankyou: Nebbermind and Jtoh. I took the liberty of "un-autocorrect" for you, hope you don't mind. :wink:

:thankyou: Herbie for the MOE link.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby comfy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:54 am

jtoh wrote:
comfy wrote:
jtoh wrote:quote="Herbie"]To get the eeis scholarship, is there a minimum psle score tag to it?/quote

No minimum score. But must have been promoted to secondary GEP status and passed SS.

Hi Jtoh, is it a 4 yrs scholarship? Any string attached?

The link herbie attached gives all the info on EESIS. It's 4 years if you're attending a 4 year coures, 6 years if you're attending IP. No strings except you're expected to maintain good grades.

Thks Jtoh & Herbie! Any idea what is consider as good grades? Different school different standard or still using the same GEB standard like Pri school?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

ForumWriter wrote:....
Philosophy in my year was simply retarded (or at least, the way they conduct it is). There were only 2 main exams and only 30% of the level passed the first exam. Then, the school authorities suddenly realised that it was a mandatory requirement to pass Philosophy to get promoted to the next level. Needless to say, almost everyone scored full marks for the second exam.

Haha... I like this part (I have read this more than 1 time), to me this is good news leh (Ooops, from a parent's point of view). :rotflmao:
Please continue to contribute to this thread, ForumWriter.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 am

comfy wrote:
ForumWriter wrote:....
Philosophy in my year was simply retarded (or at least, the way they conduct it is). There were only 2 main exams and only 30% of the level passed the first exam. Then, the school authorities suddenly realised that it was a mandatory requirement to pass Philosophy to get promoted to the next level. Needless to say, almost everyone scored full marks for the second exam.

Haha... I like this part (I have read this more than 1 time), to me this is good news leh (Ooops, from a parent's point of view). :rotflmao:
Please continue to contribute to this thread, ForumWriter.

These days there are still students who don't do well for Philo, barely passing or even failing, while some others do very well.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Herbie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Back to the topic on eeis scholarshio. My dd's told them that they hv to score at least 250 for psle to entitle the eeis scholarship. It is true?

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Herbie wrote:Back to the topic on eeis scholarshio. My dd's told them that they hv to score at least 250 for psle to entitle the eeis scholarship. It is true?

Really? dd has not said anything.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Herbie wrote:Back to the topic on eeis scholarshio. My dd's told them that they hv to score at least 250 for psle to entitle the eeis scholarship. It is true?

Maybe it's a new thing?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Hv to scare them a bit mah...if <250, the school gep result kenna blemished leh. :boogie:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sautille » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Not explicitly stated on MOE website though.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/edusa ... rds/eesis/

sautille
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres