Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby paranoid » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Mum101 wrote:
I was quite taken aback by what my son told me few weeks ago. This is what he said: "It is better to be a small fish in a big occean to learn survival skills and push oneself to do better rather than a big fish in a small pond where there is no competition which is not the real world!"

All GE schools should be the same. Our child needs to adapt and learn new skills..most importantly enjoy the journey.

Good luck.

True... The small fish in the ocean taste better. :wink:

paranoid
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby zakashi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

paranoid wrote:
Mum101 wrote:
I was quite taken aback by what my son told me few weeks ago. This is what he said: "It is better to be a small fish in a big occean to learn survival skills and push oneself to do better rather than a big fish in a small pond where there is no competition which is not the real world!"

All GE schools should be the same. Our child needs to adapt and learn new skills..most importantly enjoy the journey.

Good luck.

True... The small fish in the ocean taste better. :wink:


Agreed. Thanks to your son.

zakashi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby metz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:16 pm

My son doesn't like both choices. He offers a third one - Be a big fish in the big ocean. :evil: :wink: :rotflmao:
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Total Likes: 4
1 people like this post


Re: All About GEP

Postby zakashi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

metz wrote:My son doesn't like both choices. He offers a third one - Be a big fish in the big ocean. :evil: :wink: :rotflmao:



That is great. My son will definitely choose to be the big fish too but humble in the big and deep ocean.

zakashi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby IJJ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi,

We are residing overseas. My 2006 dd skips a grade, now in a 2nd grade (Sept 2012 to May 2013) class. She is tested as Gifted here, with Gifted IEP program on top of her regular grade class. She is also on LOA with a Singapore SAP school, that do not offer GEP.

Can anyone advice how do I go about transferring her back from here to Singapore when we return?

IJJ
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:36 pm
Total Likes: 1



Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 pm

IJJ wrote:Hi,

We are residing overseas. My 2006 dd skips a grade, now in a 2nd grade (Sept 2012 to May 2013) class. She is tested as Gifted here, with Gifted IEP program on top of her regular grade class. She is also on LOA with a Singapore SAP school, that do not offer GEP.

Can anyone advice how do I go about transferring her back from here to Singapore when we return?

U shld write ministry of education to seek advice fr them.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby TanJ » Wed May 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Gep P6 students taking HCL have only sat for one SA1 CL exam so far.
Is 100% of this CL exam taken in for overall SA1 marks?

What about the HCL marks? Is HCL graded only as dist/mert/pass for SA1? Any % HCL taken in for overall SA1 marks?

TIA

TanJ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby SignorWinter » Thu May 16, 2013 10:03 pm

TanJ wrote:Gep P6 students taking HCL have only sat for one SA1 CL exam so far.
Is 100% of this CL exam taken in for overall SA1 marks?

What about the HCL marks? Is HCL graded only as dist/mert/pass for SA1? Any % HCL taken in for overall SA1 marks?

TIA


Don't know, but PSLE grades HCL as dist/mert/pass and CL as the alphabetical grades if I'm not wrong. At least that was....7 years ago?

SignorWinter
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:04 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi all P6 parents,

2 1/2 years of GEP journey almost coming to an end, with 1 more SS portfolio and SS Final Paper to go, then it will be PRELIMS, PSLE & then off to Secondary Schools our DCs go. Time really flies....... :)

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: All About GEP

Postby GiftedGem » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 am

25hr mama wrote:Hi all P6 parents,

2 1/2 years of GEP journey almost coming to an end, with 1 more SS portfolio and SS Final Paper to go, then it will be PRELIMS, PSLE & then off to Secondary Schools our DCs go. Time really flies....... :)


All the best in the coming PSLE for all P6 students.
Certainly, I am also counting down for my DD who will be sitting PSLE next year. The anxiety, for we, as parents hope that our children can do their utmost best !

GiftedGem
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am
Total Likes: 19


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres