Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby thmejlfm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

Yes, you are right, time really flies... Their primary journey going to end soon and the next one coming, Secondary school.

Now, still waiting for the DSA. DHS still no news yet.......

25hr mama wrote:Hi all P6 parents,

2 1/2 years of GEP journey almost coming to an end, with 1 more SS portfolio and SS Final Paper to go, then it will be PRELIMS, PSLE & then off to Secondary Schools our DCs go. Time really flies....... :)

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:49 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 am

Since DHS is one of the few sec schools offering GEP/IP, I presume the chance should be quite good.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 15832
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 157


Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Yes, you are right, time really flies... Their primary journey going to end soon and the next one coming, Secondary school.

Now, still waiting for the DSA. DHS still no news yet.......

25hr mama wrote:Hi all P6 parents,

2 1/2 years of GEP journey almost coming to an end, with 1 more SS portfolio and SS Final Paper to go, then it will be PRELIMS, PSLE & then off to Secondary Schools our DCs go. Time really flies....... :)


All the best to your dd, thmejlfm. :)

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: All About GEP

Postby clover18 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi, today is the P6 gep social studies prelim. I was told that besides a pass/fail, the kids will also be graded as distinction / merit / pass. Does anyone know the cut-off or range of marks for each grade? TIA!

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby sleepy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Nebbermind wrote:Since DHS is one of the few sec schools offering GEP/IP, I presume the chance should be quite good.


Is there DSA by GEP route? Is it different from DSA by academics route?
Which are the few schools offering DSA by GEP route besides DHS?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 9768
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 38



Re: All About GEP

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I am not aware of any dsa via gep.

But there is a list of schools (http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... secondary/) having programmes catering to the gep kids and I presume this info is still valid.

If that being the case, then gep is not limited to the three year prog but can continues into sec level (just like it was). Unless the kid is doing bizarrely poor in those three years, I see no reason why they can't continue into sec schools.

This, of course, is my own inference. :wink:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 15832
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 157


Re: All About GEP

Postby Lock » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:44 am

Dear all,
I have a question and hope someone here can help. My dd is in P6(mainstream) this year, taking PSLE. We stay in the west but she has her heart on going to St Nicks. At the same time, we are also going to upgrade our home and we are contemplating moving to nearer Ang Mo Kio area. However, my DS is currently in Henry Park (GEP). Moving to AMK wld be far from HPPS. I am wondering if we could transfer him to Catholic High (GEP) which will be nearer?

Any one has a similar experience to share? Any one has transferred from one GEP centre to another after a year?

TIA

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:03 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: All About GEP

Postby jtoh » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

Lock wrote:Dear all,
I have a question and hope someone here can help. My dd is in P6(mainstream) this year, taking PSLE. We stay in the west but she has her heart on going to St Nicks. At the same time, we are also going to upgrade our home and we are contemplating moving to nearer Ang Mo Kio area. However, my DS is currently in Henry Park (GEP). Moving to AMK wld be far from HPPS. I am wondering if we could transfer him to Catholic High (GEP) which will be nearer?

Any one has a similar experience to share? Any one has transferred from one GEP centre to another after a year?

TIA


I do not have personal experience in this but I do know that it is possible. My dd had two classmates who transferred from another GEP centre after a year. Call GEB. They'll be able to advise you.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11202
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 101


Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:42 pm

sleepy wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:Since DHS is one of the few sec schools offering GEP/IP, I presume the chance should be quite good.


Is there DSA by GEP route? Is it different from DSA by academics route?
Which are the few schools offering DSA by GEP route besides DHS?


Hi sleepy,

Participating Schools - School-based Gifted Education (SBGE) IP Track
1) Anglo-Chinese School (I)
2) Dunman High School
3) Hwa Chong Institution
4) Nanyang Girls’ High
5) NUS High School of Mathematics & Science
6) Raffles Girls’ Secondary
7) Raffles Institution

And here is the DSA-INFO KIT 2013 by Rosyth School, I would say its quite comprehensive & informative, but its better u visit the respective school website for more updated info next year.

http://www.rosyth.moe.edu.sg/wbn/slot/u ... 202013.pdf
Last edited by 25hr mama on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: All About GEP

Postby 25hr mama » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 pm

clover18 wrote:Hi, today is the P6 gep social studies prelim. I was told that besides a pass/fail, the kids will also be graded as distinction / merit / pass. Does anyone know the cut-off or range of marks for each grade? TIA!


Hi clover18, I believe it will be like the grading for HCL:-
Distinction - 80-100
Merit - 65-79
Pass - 50-64

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 11


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres