10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Bloomberg » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 pm

ooioo wrote:
tyeogh wrote:
ooioo wrote:
IMHO, but don't slam me ok :lol:

We should teach our child to be what they want to be, achieve what they want to achieve, no person should be judge by a single paper or words on a piece of paper. Their future is what they go out and make it to be. Don't live by rules set by others, set your own goals and go make it happen! :smile:

Each is free to set his own markers. This is the beauty of parenthood. I like your goals. For me, I prefer less geeky and more character. I have always believed the A graders will work for the C graders. Unfortunately, the child turns out blessed from the neck up, no matter how I make her use her limbs from the neck down *shrug*

:? I think both equally important la :lovesite:

As parents we have the fortune or ill fortune of moulding who and what they grow up to be.

What is in the head is not important, what is in their heart, is what really matters :smile:

Bloomberg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tyeogh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:00 am

Bloomberg wrote:
tyeogh wrote:
A bit off topic. I make my kids kneel before me each year during CNY. Teaching them how to respect their parents. Old fashion? Anyone doing it?

I think this is a good tradition. Well done! but up to what age?

I was hoping somebody here will tell me!! LoL! :rotflmao:

tyeogh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ooioo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 am

Nebbermind wrote:
ooioo wrote:If you weight more, may be you can be a better sumo wrestler, if you weight less, may be you can jump higher or run faster? :)

But many parents think their sumo wrestler to jump higher and run faster too!

Hahaha, yes I agree many parents are doing that,

But I will not be a fool to walk up to a sumo wrestler and ask him to jump or run, because the next thing I know I will be flat as a pancake :rotflmao:

And these parents will suffer the same fate as me for being such a fool :lol:

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ooioo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 am

tyeogh wrote:
Bloomberg wrote:
tyeogh wrote:
A bit off topic. I make my kids kneel before me each year during CNY. Teaching them how to respect their parents. Old fashion? Anyone doing it?

I think this is a good tradition. Well done! but up to what age?

I was hoping somebody here will tell me!! LoL! :rotflmao:

I will always be the parent of my child, and my child will always know me as the parent, that is how long :smile:

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tyeogh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 am

ooioo wrote:I will always be the parent of my child, and my child will always know me as the parent, that is how long :smile:

Beautifully put. :celebrate:

tyeogh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 am

Aunties, :offtopic: Liao lah!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bloomberg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:16 am

tyeogh wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:Unfortunately, there are many who see GEP as the ultimate 'prize' in the pri school journey... :shrug:

Probably an added feather in the cap - your resume will look nicer with a GEP status, depending on the type of jobs you want in future. You can't blame parents for wanting the best for their child. You would too, at different stages :smile:

We must be realistic lah, gep also must complete up to secondary school wat. adding point? Dont think so leh, Maybe to 1st job or initial years, not thereafter. People count on the brain and attitude of graduate. :heresmyfish:

Bloomberg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ooioo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:21 am

Nebbermind wrote:Aunties, :offtopic: Liao lah!

Ok ok, GEP is just to tell you that your child is able to learn the skills of Math, English language at a faster rate as compared to other children, so they put them in this special place to let them learn Math, English etc at a faster speed. So that they won't use the extra speed in their processor to create havoc for the whole society :lol:

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

1 people like this post

Postby fruittypie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:22 am

We must be realistic lah, gep also must complete up to secondary school wat. adding point? Dont think so leh, Maybe to 1st job or initial years, not thereafter. People count on the brain and attitude of graduate. :heresmyfish:[/quote]

Well said :goodpost:

fruittypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bloomberg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 am

tyeogh wrote:
sleepy wrote:
However, I do support the argument that some forumers raised earlier. To take up citizenship if a foreign student is admitted to gep.

Actually, if you scroll back, I was the one who suggested MOE set a criteria of making the child take up citizenship before starting GEP classes. LoL.

Thanks for agreeing with my views and letting me post :smile:

Eventually the child will, I guarantee you, we are mature enough to know the probability.. tyeogh don't be so kiasu lah to make this as criteria. :rahrah:

Bloomberg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres