Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby tyeogh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 am

Bloomberg wrote:
We must be realistic lah, gep also must complete up to secondary school wat. adding point? Dont think so leh, Maybe to 1st job or initial years, not thereafter. People count on the brain and attitude of graduate. :heresmyfish:

Agreed.

tyeogh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tyeogh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am

Nebbermind wrote:Aunties, :offtopic: Liao lah!

Sorry boss.

Btw, I uncle. Maybe that one auntie *point at ooioo*

tyeogh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tyeogh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 am

Bloomberg wrote:
Eventually the child will, I guarantee you, we are mature enough to know the probability.. tyeogh don't be so kiasu lah to make this as criteria. :rahrah:

Share with us your hesitation. What about us that you don't want to join, forever?

tyeogh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby zakashi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Now everyone is laughing together about the issue. When things really happened, I believe no one is crying with you.

zakashi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 pm

zakashi wrote:Now everyone is laughing together about the issue. When things really happened, I believe no one is crying with you.

Short memory here...what issue?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Steadyberry » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Just curious... If a child is selected to join GEP but decides not to go for it. Later, the child does reasonably well in PSLE. Will the child be selected to join GEP again in secondary school or GEP is a once in a lifetime chance?

Steadyberry
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ooioo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 pm

Steadyberry wrote:Just curious... If a child is selected to join GEP but decides not to go for it. Later, the child does reasonably well in PSLE. Will the child be selected to join GEP again in secondary school or GEP is a once in a lifetime chance?

You asked a very good question :smile:

Any child who does very well in PSLE and goes to a school like RI RGS HCI NYGH etc will be invited to join their in house Gifted Program, even when you are in neighbourhood secondary school, and suddenly you discovered your child is gifted in Academic (in National, International Competitions or some other validation etc), I believe the Principal of these school will take you in.

In Singapore if you are truly gifted, you will not be short change in Education, that is how I feel :smile:

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby iFirefly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:11 am

ooioo wrote:
Steadyberry wrote:Just curious... If a child is selected to join GEP but decides not to go for it. Later, the child does reasonably well in PSLE. Will the child be selected to join GEP again in secondary school or GEP is a once in a lifetime chance?

Any child who does very well in PSLE and goes to a school like RI RGS HCI NYGH etc will be invited to join their in house Gifted Program,?even when you are in neighbourhood secondary school, and suddenly you discovered your child is gifted in Academic (in National, International Competitions or some other validation etc), I believe the Principal of these school will take you in.

In Singapore if you are truly gifted, you will not be short change in Education, that is how I feel :smile:

Not so correct..

The only time your child will be invited by MOE to join GEP is at the end of P3, after the GEP Selection Test. If the child turns down the offer, he/she will not be invited to join GEP again in Sec Sch (regardless of how well he/she does in PSLE), coz there is NO GEP in Sec Schs..

Some Sec Schs may have their own special programs for their students, but those are not the same as GEP. Hence, I urge parents not to give up this one & only chance, if your child is selected to join GEP..

And.. RI does NOT have any in-house Gifted Program. All students (GEP & mainstream) in the same cohort do the same curriculum (Raffles Program). All students start from the same 'Start' line, from Year-1.. :smile:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ooioo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 am

firefly38 wrote:
ooioo wrote:

Any child who does very well in PSLE and goes to a school like RI RGS HCI NYGH etc will be invited to join their in house Gifted Program,?even when you are in neighbourhood secondary school, and suddenly you discovered your child is gifted in Academic (in National, International Competitions or some other validation etc), I believe the Principal of these school will take you in.

Not so correct..

The only time your child will be invited by MOE to join GEP is at the end of P3, after the GEP Selection Test. If the child turns down the offer, he/she will not be invited to join GEP again in Sec Sch (regardless of how well he/she does in PSLE), coz there is NO GEP in Sec Schs..

Some Sec Schs may have their own special programs for their students, but those are not the same as GEP. Hence, I urge parents not to give up this one & only chance, if your child is selected to join GEP..

And.. RI does NOT have any in-house Gifted Program. All students (GEP & mainstream) in the same cohort do the same curriculum (Raffles Program). All students start from the same 'Start' line, from Year-1.. :smile:

Hi Everyone please read link by MOE,

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... secondary/

Steadyberry suggest that you can call up Secondary school and ask the Admin and they will tell you in greater details :smile:

ooioo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Steadyberry » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 am

I am just curious only. Bec few yrs back when I attended orientation, ex-principal mentioned a girl who was accepted into gep but she rejected the offer. In the end, she did really well in psle and went to one of the top sec sch. She continued to do really well and even rec an award, think it was the PM Book Prize, if my memory didn't fail me. So was wondering was she in the gep class when she was in her sec sch bec she was not ex-gep students...

Steadyberry
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres