55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am

2ppaamm wrote:
MdmKS wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:
Way2GO wrote:I would think these children would be exceptionally gifted in specific disciplines. Would indeed be very hard to find an all rounder, don't u think?

Actually, quite a few I know are all rounders...

The all rounders are usually attributed to their good working habits, therefore are more likely to do well in everything. This might have to do with their up-bringing.

Not sure about upbringing, but good parents for sure... Without great parents, how far can a kid go?

Saw difference for my DS since the starting of GEP, he's more discipline now... come home straightaway do the homework before proceeding to the computer for play... :celebrate:

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MdmKS » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am

Way2GO wrote:
MdmKS wrote:
My fren son got selected for GEP Mathsmaster class and later received a letter calling him "Highly Gifted". Duno whether he kena tracked?

Only those who are 'exceptional' in maths get selected for this Maths Masterclass.
But I believe all GE students already have individual files on record at MOE.

O, forgot to mention he is non-GEPer, according to my fren got filter out at 2nd phase GEP screening because English not good enough.

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:45 am

syshi wrote:Saw difference for my DS since the starting of GEP, he's more discipline now... come home straightaway do the homework before proceeding to the computer for play... :celebrate:

That's a great outcome!

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 am

MdmKS wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
MdmKS wrote:
My fren son got selected for GEP Mathsmaster class and later received a letter calling him "Highly Gifted". Duno whether he kena tracked?

Only those who are 'exceptional' in maths get selected for this Maths Masterclass.

O, forgot to mention he is non-GEPer, according to my fren got filter out at 2nd phase GEP screening because English not good enough.

slipped through the screening net???

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:48 am

MdmKS wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
MdmKS wrote:

My son told me the Maths paper is much harder than the English paper. That's strange... Your friend's kid must be mighty good with Maths! Kumon or something? He told me some of the questions in the tests, and I thought it would be quite difficult for most kids, unless they have some kind of enrichment. DS happens to know how to do them because he reads a lot of books on these.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 am

MdmKS wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
MdmKS wrote:

True. From the English worksheets my ds brought back. It is quite demanding, like secondary school standard. Scrap thru to do GEP English will suffer.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Way2GO » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 am

MdmKS wrote: O, forgot to mention he is non-GEPer, according to my fren got filter out at 2nd phase GEP screening because English not good enough.

Didn't mention GEPer is a selection criterion, Maths is.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 am

Zann wrote:True. From the English worksheets my ds brought back. It is quite demanding, like secondary school standard. Scrap thru to do GEP English will suffer.

Is the English paper this week the prefix and suffix thingy? Just wondering if it is the same thing or my son missed out something in class...

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 am

2ppaamm wrote:
Zann wrote:True. From the English worksheets my ds brought back. It is quite demanding, like secondary school standard. Scrap thru to do GEP English will suffer.

Is the English paper this week the prefix and suffix thingy? Just wondering if it is the same thing or my son missed out something in class...

Erm... don't remember seeing prefix suffix thingy. It is for vocab and grammer. Diff school may take diff pace. not sure.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:57 am

Zann wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:

Erm... don't remember seeing prefix suffix thingy. It is for vocab and grammer. Diff school may take diff pace. not sure.

Thought they supposed to follow everything up to the pace?
Anyway, for CHS this week they went on GEP Camp... Mon to Wed.. only Thur start back the class...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge