Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby dotb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Just stumbled upon this article recently

http://calgaryherald.com/life/swerve/gifted-children-are-frequently-misunderstood

Just for your reading pleasure. May not apply to all GE kids, but there are some things that could be familiar to some parents of GE kids here.

dotb
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby zakashi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:27 pm

dotb wrote:Just stumbled upon this article recently

http://calgaryherald.com/life/swerve/gifted-children-are-frequently-misunderstood

Just for your reading pleasure. May not apply to all GE kids, but there are some things that could be familiar to some parents of GE kids here.

It is a long and interesting article. I have the same thinking like the writer. Thanks.

zakashi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Haslinda Hamid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:48 am

Hi Parents,

Can I know where to find GEP paper so roughly I know what to expect from GEP. Please let me know at haslinda_h07@hotmail.com

Thank you

Haslinda Hamid
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby phtthp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Haslinda Hamid wrote:Hi Parents,

Can I know where to find GEP paper so roughly I know what to expect from GEP. Please let me know at haslinda_h07@hotmail.com

Thank you

are you referring to Primary 3 GEP Screening Test papers (Round 1 and Round 2), starting in July, each year ?

Or are you referring to (P4 to P6) GEP classroom exercises done within the class / GEP Test / Exam papers ?

MOE very strict about this !
MOE do not allow GEP P3 Screening papers (Round 1 and Round 2) to circulate around, in public.

imagine
if let them circulate freely around, many P3 students will practise beforehand, enter GEP easily.
Those not gifted : also become classified as gifted, through constant practice & drilling of past year 10 year series Gep Test questions.
Last edited by phtthp on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Just curious what did prior gep parents do with gep exam papers and teaching materials after your kids graduated from primary school?

Need to shred? or thrash to recycle bin will do?
No information from school on this

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:34 pm

sleepy wrote:Just curious what did prior gep parents do with gep exam papers and teaching materials after your kids graduated from primary school?

Burn them? :evil: :wink:
Sell them? (maybe there is a market for these!) :laugh: :rotflmao:
Ok, just kidding, don't :spank: me!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:41 pm

sleepy wrote:Just curious what did prior gep parents do with gep exam papers and teaching materials after your kids graduated from primary school?

if you're referring to (P4 to P6) Gep exercises / worksheets done in class by Subject(s), last year I happen to see some GEP parents selling them at "Garage Sales" forum. This happened usually around end of the year Term 4 time frame, when GEP exam just over.

normally, these re-cycled class work done are sold quickly, at quite an hefty, expensive price (even though worksheets had been done before)
normally, those GEP parents who sell these classwork exercises done do it : when their GEP P6 child, just finished / completed their PSLE. They let go, around this time, before the used worksheets get out-dated, by the next new batch of GEP students coming in.

Before P6, GEP parents normally don't sell, in case the child still need them, during P5 or P6 GEP studies.

you may go "Garage Sales" forum to take a look, around close to end of Term 4 year end period.
Instead of burning or "thrashing", some profit oriented GEP parents made some $, out of it.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I have no intention of selling. No younger relatives joining gep so no one else to give to. I have double set and all these are occupying lots of space.

Just wondering what other parents do with the materials if not selling. Do you keep for secondary school? Any relevance?

If you discard, do you shred first or just thrash all into recycling bins?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 pm

sleepy wrote:I have no intention of selling. No younger relatives joining gep so no one else to give to. I have double set and all these are occupying lots of space.

Just wondering what other parents do with the materials if not selling. Do you keep for secondary school? Any relevance?

If you discard, do you shred first or just thrash all into recycling bins?

I just dumped them, complete with the files!! These material are quite useless without proper instructions.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Haslinda Hamid » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:27 pm

phtthp wrote:
Haslinda Hamid wrote:Hi Parents,

Is for this year P3 GEP
-----------------------

Thank you

are you referring to Primary 3 GEP Screening Test papers (Round 1 and Round 2), starting in July, each year ?

Or are you referring to (P4 to P6) GEP classroom exercises done within the class / GEP Test / Exam papers ?

MOE very strict about this !
MOE do not allow GEP P3 Screening papers (Round 1 and Round 2) to circulate around, in public.

imagine
if let them circulate freely around, many P3 students will practise beforehand, enter GEP easily.
Those not gifted : also become classified as gifted, through constant practice & drilling of past year 10 year series Gep Test questions.

Haslinda Hamid
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres