Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Keara Adara » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 pm

Haslinda Hamid wrote:
phtthp wrote:
Haslinda Hamid wrote:Hi Parents,

Is for this year P3 GEP
-----------------------
Can I know where to find GEP paper so roughly I know what to expect from GEP. Please let me know at haslinda_h07@hotmail.com

Thank you

are you referring to Primary 3 GEP Screening Test papers (Round 1 and Round 2), starting in July, each year ?

Or are you referring to (P4 to P6) GEP classroom exercises done within the class / GEP Test / Exam papers ?

MOE very strict about this !
MOE do not allow GEP P3 Screening papers (Round 1 and Round 2) to circulate around, in public.

imagine
if let them circulate freely around, many P3 students will practise beforehand, enter GEP easily.
Those not gifted : also become classified as gifted, through constant practice & drilling of past year 10 year series Gep Test questions.

God, we get it. No need to scorn us. Are you going into the GEP?

Seriously, the exam papers are confidential. You can't actually get them on the market. Being from the GEP I can tell you it's essentially the same as mainstream papers, with the exception of math investigation papers --- that would be pre-algebra.

That paper is kept strictly confidential and even parents can't see it. It's something like an IQ test, judging your ability to see patterns (similar to GAT test during selection.) So if students got in legitimately, by which I mean without training, it should be easy to get full marks for that paper.

Other than that, don't expect that much of a difference. Worry more about your portfolio and projects, which should be a new thing for you.

EDIT: If you're talking about the selection tests, then here. For the screening test they test orthodox classroom knowledge like in a normal exam. For the selection test, however, it goes something like this.

English: They test things like SAT words, and it's difficult to the extreme. I'm guessing they don't expect you to know the words, they just want you to be able to deduce the meaning from the question and context clues.

Math: Just... I don't know. You'll get questions for which you won't even understand but that's normal, just check to make sure the questions you do know are answered correctly.

The GAT is an IQ test, just renamed so as not to draw flak from the public.

Oopsishouldnthavesaidthat.

Keara Adara
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ACMummy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi Fellow KSP Mummies and Daddies

I would like to sell the the following books which were listed in the P4 GEP Extending Reading Programme. I bought two copies hence would like to let go of the extra set. The books are totally new and I'm selling at 25% to 30% discount. PM me if you are interested. You can buy the books separately if you do not need all three. Thank you

1) The Tale of the Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (bought at $10.62, selling at $8)
2) Matilda Bone by Karen Cushman (bought at $9.66, selling at $7)
3) The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman (bought at $8.64, selling at $6)

ACMummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Memoryscrap » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 am

Hi,

I would like to buy 2 of your books.

2) Matilda Bone by Karen Cushman (bought at $9.66, selling at $7)
3) The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman (bought at $8.64, selling at $6)

May I know how to pick up from you ?

:thankyou:

Shellen

Memoryscrap
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ACMummy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:02 pm

hi Shellen

The books had been sold. My apologies!

ACMummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sembgal » Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Morris-All ... 6146844507

Intensive 2 weeks 2hr GEP course ($800 +) conducted by Morris Allen in June. I checked out the info that need to pass screening test before student can sign up for this GEP intensive course. Preferably high 90s in English and Math from P 1 to P3.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ikid » Tue May 05, 2015 1:08 pm

sembgal wrote:https://m.facebook.com/pages/Morris-All ... 6146844507

Intensive 2 weeks 2hr GEP course ($800 +) conducted by Morris Allen in June. I checked out the info that need to pass screening test before student can sign up for this GEP intensive course. Preferably high 90s in English and Math from P 1 to P3.

Centre wants to ensure high chance of students getting into GEP and claim credit? If the child is naturally talented, why need to attend their course then?

Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby phtthp » Tue May 05, 2015 3:16 pm

sembgal wrote:https://m.facebook.com/pages/Morris-All ... 6146844507

some of those who went through the Gep training & as a result get in, some struggle in P4-P6 Gep programme, very stressed up, as some are not naturally gifted, may even end up with poor PSLE results, than if they had not entered Gep course at all, but chosen to remain behind Mainstream instead & would have done better

In contrast, those who are naturally gifted, Do not even need to attend such preparatory hot housed training, they still be able to get in, naturally

Also, some Sec schools had removed the DSA Gep domain route.
Gep students have to take GAT tests and attend interview, just like Mainstream students.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sky minecrafter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:05 pm

Haslinda Hamid wrote:Hi Parents,

Can I know where to find GEP paper so roughly I know what to expect from GEP. Please let me know at haslinda_h07@hotmail.com

Thank you

Hi Haslinda, The other parents are correct, the GEP papers are confidential and even us parents have limited access. I would recommend Mind Stretcher. I have not enrolled in their GEP programs (since my boys do not need the extra boost) but I have browsed through their materials and those are exactly what are used in GEP classes. You may want to make a trip to Mind Stretcher to check it out yourself.
Last edited by sky minecrafter on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sky minecrafter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Nebbermind wrote:I just dumped them, complete with the files!! These material are quite useless without proper instructions.

I agree with Nebbermind. The materials are meaningless without the classroom activities.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby haha_lol » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:11 pm

How was CT2 English P5?

haha_lol
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres