35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:37 pm

I assume that the school is doing enough to help my Sonny :) until the results come out :)
I need to track too many tests/exams/prelim dates for my 30 odd students.. Can go nuts sometimes..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iRabbit » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:42 pm

bgmum wrote:Hi all

hquek, you are right. Most of the time, I find diff classes do diff work or work at quite diff pace. DS Chinese class seems to be playing catch-up nowadays. This week, his CL teacher seems to be frantically trying to complete the last chapter that is intended to be tested for CT2 next wk. I heard the other classes already completed them much earlier.

iRabbit, I think the CT2 is next Tue not Wed.

TheAnswer, hints that tests are coming are when the teachers start to give out past yr papers or mock tests 1-2 weeks before for them to practise on. Good reminder in that sense, don't even need to track dates :)

I wanted to test Hquek and see whether she was paying attention to what she's reading mah. :evil:

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Failed to make dent.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Maple leaf » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:57 am

iRabbit wrote:

hquek, you are right. Most of the time, I find diff classes do diff work or work at quite diff pace. DS Chinese class seems to be playing catch-up nowadays. This week, his CL teacher seems to be frantically trying to complete the last chapter that is intended to be tested for CT2 next wk. I heard the other classes already completed them much earlier.

TheAnswer, hints that tests are coming are when the teachers start to give out past yr papers or mock tests 1-2 weeks before for them to practise on. Good reminder in that sense, don't even need to track dates :)

I wanted to test Hquek and see whether she was paying attention to what she's reading mah. :evil:

:scared: i thought DS was not paying attention in class.Tks bgmum . :smile:

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby iRabbit » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Maple leaf wrote:
iRabbit wrote:

:scared: i thought DS was not paying attention in class.Tks bgmum . :smile:

How could your ds not be paying attention in class? He's so 乖.

Mine kenna feedback can do better if not so playful. :oops:

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wcc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi,
In GEP, they always talk about the baseline of 70%.
So, is passing marks at 70%?
If for any subject, we could not get 70%, what's going to happen? Anyone can advise?

wcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:49 pm

wcc wrote:Hi,
If for any subject, we could not get 70%, what's going to happen? Anyone can advise?

From NYPS website

Pupils are monitored with formal Academic assessments and are required to perform to a minimum Baseline expectation of 70% for every subject. This is to ensure that the GEP is value-adding to pupils’ academic development. The Baseline is a recommended guide for the reasonable performance of pupils belonging to the GEP set by the GEB.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wcc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:47 pm

Nebbermind wrote:

From NYPS website

Pupils are monitored with formal Academic assessments and are required to perform to a minimum Baseline expectation of 70% for every subject. This is to ensure that the GEP is value-adding to pupils’ academic development. The Baseline is a recommended guide for the reasonable performance of pupils belonging to the GEP set by the GEB.

So it's recommended guide. Not exactly a requisite?

wcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bgmum » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:08 pm

wcc wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:

From NYPS website

So it's recommended guide. Not exactly a requisite?

No worries wcc. As long as they do fine for daily work, teachers will still "pass" them and give overall 70%.

bgmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby wcc » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:27 pm

So it's recommended guide. Not exactly a requisite?[/quote]

No worries wcc. As long as they do fine for daily work, teachers will still "pass" them and give overall 70%.[/quote]

Oh I see. Thanks.

wcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres