Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby phankao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

syshi wrote:slipped through the screening net???

Not all top students are in GEP. The top PSLE scorer in Cath High 2009 was the Top Student in the Level every year while he was in primary school. But he was not in GEP - didn't get through the Selection Tests.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 am

Checked with some other GEP mothers in our school today. Yep, everyone is quite free... so I think it is the school thing. Glad to be in a relaxed school!

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 am

syshi wrote:Thought they supposed to follow everything up to the pace?
Anyway, for CHS this week they went on GEP Camp... Mon to Wed.. only Thur start back the class...

Wow! what camp is that ? could be diff timing. Mine went to visit tea house, appreciate drinking Chinese tea. After that he said he likes green tea, he drank 10 over cups there. :rotflmao:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 am

Zann wrote:...he drank 10 over cups there. :rotflmao:

Er... green tea got caffeine or not? 10 cups !!! :shock:

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:28 am

phankao wrote:Not all top students are in GEP. The top PSLE scorer in Cath High 2009 was the Top Student in the Level every year while he was in primary school. But he was not in GEP - didn't get through the Selection Tests.

That just goes to show not all gifted children are academically inclined, and also that not all bright students can do IQ tests well, or maybe he just developed later than the rest? In any case, there are plenty of opportunities besides GEP, why bother whether or not for making it... :D

Being branded so early may be a 2-edged sword.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 am

2ppaamm wrote:
phankao wrote:Not all top students are in GEP. The top PSLE scorer in Cath High 2009 was the Top Student in the Level every year while he was in primary school. But he was not in GEP - didn't get through the Selection Tests.

That just goes to show not all gifted children are academically inclined, and also that not all bright students can do IQ tests well, or maybe he just developed later than the rest? In any case, there are plenty of opportunities besides GEP, why bother whether or not for making it... :D

Being branded so early may be a 2-edged sword.

Was told by my DS previous school teacher that GEP emphasize more for long term result. They did not really drill tem for PSLE, hence most of them the result not as good.
His own DS which is GEP lose out from his DD which is not GEP in term of the PSLE scores. But his DS got First Class honour in U compare to his DD which only got 2nd Class honour...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 am

Zann wrote:
syshi wrote:
Thought they supposed to follow everything up to the pace?
Anyway, for CHS this week they went on GEP Camp... Mon to Wed.. only Thur start back the class...

Wow! what camp is that ? could be diff timing. Mine went to visit tea house, appreciate drinking Chinese tea. After that he said he likes green tea, he drank 10 over cups there. :rotflmao:

It's camp to get those GEP students to bond together... from P4 to P6...
My DS never join... still not confident enough to be away from us... :oops: :cry:

Good for you DS to like the Chinese Tea and Green Tea... my DS and DD don't even want to drink those normal tea.. only want Pokka Green Tea... not even other brand (Yeos, etc)...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:54 am

2ppaamm wrote:
Zann wrote:...he drank 10 over cups there. :rotflmao:

Er... green tea got caffeine or not? 10 cups !!! :shock:

Chinese tea set uses those small tiny tea cups. That's why his small tummy could take 10 over cups. :wink: This is just for appreciation to promote Chinese culture, at least when he becomes adult he may pick up drinking green tea which is good for health.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

Zann wrote:...at least when he becomes adult he may pick up drinking green tea which is good for health.

Ha ha! Better than coffee! Do you believe I still have not tried coffee?! That's because I was told as a kid that kids should not drink coffee. To this day, I still have not 'grown up' to drink it. Blessing, I guess. :oops: Habits from young are so important.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ooptimizer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 am

Young I didn't drink coffee, but now I am drinking.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres