35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Maple leaf » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Wohoo Exams over for DS.He has been asking me where I put his board games.So eager to bring to school to play with his classmates. :lol:

Couldn't believe,he "survived" P5 GEP with no tuition.And one more year to go. :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby iRabbit » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Maple leaf wrote:Wohoo Exams over for DS.He has been asking me where I put his board games.So eager to bring to school to play with his classmates. :lol:

Couldn't believe,he "survived" P5 GEP with no tuition.And one more year to go. :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

Correction. Six more months of GEP and three more months of PSLE prep to go. :wink:

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby muska » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 am

Wanna check for P5 gep, what are the big/small projs? How many days of staying back? And anyone can share how much time needed on IRS/CEP?

muska
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fable » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:22 am

Maple leaf wrote:Wohoo Exams over for DS.He has been asking me where I put his board games.So eager to bring to school to play with his classmates. :lol:

Congrats! Exams over for my son too, tho its just P4 for him.

Good to hear your son survived without tuition. Mine had Chinese in P3 and 4, but his tuition teacher can't continue next year and we (well I) have decided he should be responsible for his own studies now. Wish us luck! :xedfingers:

Now time for books, hotwheels, minecraft, nerf and running running running! :rahrah:

fable
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Maple leaf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 pm

iRabbit wrote:

Correction. Six more months of GEP and three more months of PSLE prep to go. :wink:

Labbit, yr DS inherited the "Maths genes" from you,isit? :evil:

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Maple leaf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:51 pm

muska wrote:Wanna check for P5 gep, what are the big/small projs? How many days of staying back? And anyone can share how much time needed on IRS/CEP?

IRS is at own pace. No need to stay back .Only stay back for CCA, remedial(for weaker subjects by invitation :wink: ). gp discussions are done online. (eg. debate)

Sorry, I am not sure which one are called projects. Besides ISO, SS portfolios?

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Maple leaf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:15 pm

fable wrote:

Congrats! Exams over for my son too, tho its just P4 for him.

Good to hear your son survived without tuition. Mine had Chinese in P3 and 4, but his tuition teacher can't continue next year and we (well I) have decided he should be responsible for his own studies now. Wish us luck! :xedfingers:

Now time for books, hotwheels, minecraft, nerf and running running running! :rahrah:

Hi fable,
Thanks. :smile:
P4 GEP CL's worksheets are really not easy.I recalled DS spending 4 hrs doing one hw. This year, the worksheet seems manageable than last year.MT tr is lenient compared to last year.D
I had been looking for EL and MT tutors for him, but could not find any suitable ones.So we just have to leave it this way. He had enrichment for languages last year but no sign of improvement.
That's why we stopped.
Surprisingly, he could cope this year by very little but still a relief for us.

By P5,yr son would have adjust to the GEP curriculum . :smile:

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby muska » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Maple leaf wrote:IRS is at own pace. No need to stay back .Only stay back for CCA, remedial(for weaker subjects by invitation :wink: ). gp discussions are done online. (eg. debate)

Thanks maple leaf, by project, i mean big and small..

Like this yr P4, for english, there bigger book review assignment, like paper bag, and hamburger writing, single shard entries, fractured fairy tale...
How about P5?

For SS, is it same as P4, 3 portfolios ?

He had debate in P4 already, P5 going to come again?

How does teacher keep track of P5 IRS? how often being review?

What do they do with the mystery books ERP?

for P5 Chinese, do they start do 2 papers like PSLE, MT and HMT?

sorry for so many question, I hope to hv better idea for P5. This year definitely has given me shock sometimes with the amount of extra assignments..

muska
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Maple leaf » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

muska wrote:
Maple leaf wrote:IRS is at own pace. No need to stay back .Only stay back for CCA, remedial(for weaker subjects by invitation :wink: ). gp discussions are done online. (eg. debate)

Thanks maple leaf, by project, big and small..

Like this yr P4, for english, there bigger book review assignment, like paper bag, and hamburger writing...How about P5?

For SS, is it same as P4, 3 portfolios ?

How does teacher keep track of P5 IRS? how often being review?

What do they do with the mystery books ERP?

Sorry ,can other parents here help to answer.I cannot remember much now.haha..Paisay.I am getting old liao.

Just tell you what I can recall,

Mentor will guide them throughout, so no worries for IRS.

The rest,I cannot really recall.Sorry,my other DC has not finish her SA2.My mind is dull.haha

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby metz2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:54 pm

muska wrote:

Has he been selected for school team?

In my children's schools, the students (geppers and mainstreamers) are trained for debate competitions in P5 & P6. Once selected, there will be more intense preparations.

metz2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres