Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 am

Not ct1, sa1, ct2 and Sa2 for p5 gep? :?
Did I remember wrongly again? :oops:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: All About GEP

Postby metz2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:01 am

lee_yl wrote:Hi, ifirefly and phttph,

Thanks for your well wishes.

Finally submitted the form after a few sleepless nights of indecision. I caved in and went along with DD's choice.


@lee_yl,

Welcome to the school! :)

metz2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:33 pm
Total Likes: 24


Re: All About GEP

Postby reddiechan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 am

PiggyLalala wrote:Not ct1, sa1, ct2 and Sa2 for p5 gep? :?
Did I remember wrongly again? :oops:


don't have SA1 lor. I get reminded each time when we get the timetable, actual event, and end of year. Now it's slightly fresh in my memory coz we've just seen the report book.

reddiechan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: All About GEP

Postby wcc » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:43 pm

iRabbit wrote:
For my son, P5 was definitely much tougher and busier than P4. This could partly be due to the fact that he took up an additional CCA, and had to attend further enrichments in another school for a few months.

Having said that, I still feel that the workload and level of difficulty went up a notch in P5. For instance, my son had to start seeking help from his peers in solving math qns, something he didn't have to do in P4.

Add all these to IRS, I'm just glad we saw the back of P5. Phew! :sweat:


Hi iRabbit,
Why was there enrichments in another school?

wcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby iRabbit » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 pm

wcc wrote:
iRabbit wrote:
For my son, P5 was definitely much tougher and busier than P4. This could partly be due to the fact that he took up an additional CCA, and had to attend further enrichments in another school for a few months.

Having said that, I still feel that the workload and level of difficulty went up a notch in P5. For instance, my son had to start seeking help from his peers in solving math qns, something he didn't have to do in P4.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... rimary/Add all these to IRS, I'm just glad we saw the back of P5. Phew! :sweat:


Hi iRabbit,
Why was there enrichments in another school?


In P5, there'll be more opportunities for pull-out programs. Depending on one's interest and aptitude in a particular domain, it's possible to be stretched beyond the basic GEP syllabus.

I only know of the masterclasses since my son was not shortlisted for anything else. But I think there should be more.

Edit: the full list is here.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/program ... s-primary/

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4894
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 pm
Total Likes: 129



Re: All About GEP

Postby lee_yl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 am

metz2 wrote:@lee_yl,

Welcome to the school! :)


Hi metz2,

Thanks! Good to know more parents from the same school. :love:
Will need your advice from time to time :wink:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6500
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:37 pm
Total Likes: 84


Re: All About GEP

Postby metz2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:19 pm

lee_yl wrote:
metz2 wrote:@lee_yl,

Welcome to the school! :)


Hi metz2,

Thanks! Good to know more parents from the same school. :love:
Will need your advice from time to time :wink:


Feel free to drop me a message anytime you need help. But I doubt you will need any ;)

metz2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:33 pm
Total Likes: 24
1 people like this post


Re: All About GEP

Postby jedamum » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi

I am a new member here.
:sweat:
Want to thank all the kind and helpful parents in ksp that I consulted regarding school selection and stuff ~ :thankyou: so so much.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8844
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: All About GEP

Postby GiftedGem » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:03 pm

jedamum wrote:Hi

I am a new member here.
:sweat:
Want to thank all the kind and helpful parents in ksp that I consulted regarding school selection and stuff ~ :thankyou: so so much.



:congrats: Jedamum.
Great to know yr DS made it to GEP.

GiftedGem
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am
Total Likes: 19


Re: All About GEP

Postby zbear » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 pm

jedamum wrote:Hi

I am a new member here.
:sweat:
Want to thank all the kind and helpful parents in ksp that I consulted regarding school selection and stuff ~ :thankyou: so so much.



Congrats jedamum.

Is this for your 2nd DS? Which school is he going to?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5228
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:14 pm
Total Likes: 66


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres