Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby fable » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:35 pm

kathyh wrote:
muska wrote:
kathyh wrote:Wanna ask how the literature book will be used in GEP class?

They have to write some points on how they feel,a list of questions they have and reflections on the chapters
The activities will only kick during ​June holiday. So don't need to worry about it now. Use the hol (though not many days left) to read more ERP books, and learn typing.


Hi Muska, is the ERP book the same for all the centres and the book list is fixed? Thank you


I believe so. But your child doesn't have to read every book in the list. In P4 they will choose a book from the list to do a couple of projects around it. This is on top of the book that they have to buy to study for English.

fable
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:28 am
Total Likes: 8


Re: All About GEP

Postby greentara » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Kafer wrote:IVP has no text books or syllabus. Its all abt creativity/innovation that works.


Thanks for the info.

Wonder what resources do the IvP teachers use?

greentara
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:18 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby CMF » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:07 pm

As far as I am aware, there is no teaching as such in IvP. Students are essentially tasked to innovate / invent etc a product. There will be a process where they will be guided thru to think about what they can innovate / invent, then they do the necessary research on how to go about it etc.

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby Dnls_mum » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 am

Can anyone advise when will the year end GEP P4 exams be held? I recall from my DS's time many years back that it is always before the PSLE marking days. Is it still the case nowadays?

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: All About GEP

Postby Maple leaf » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:02 am

Dnls_mum wrote:Can anyone advise when will the year end GEP P4 exams be held? I recall from my DS's time many years back that it is always before the PSLE marking days. Is it still the case nowadays?



Yes,around that period. DS normally has his Maths and Science papers.(last 2),the week after the PSLE marking days. :smile:

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 pm
Total Likes: 4



Re: All About GEP

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm

Maple leaf wrote:
Dnls_mum wrote:Can anyone advise when will the year end GEP P4 exams be held? I recall from my DS's time many years back that it is always before the PSLE marking days. Is it still the case nowadays?



Yes,around that period. DS normally has his Maths and Science papers.(last 2),the week after the PSLE marking days. :smile:


Thanks. That mean cannot go holidays during PSLE marking days lor.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1832
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 23


Re: All About GEP

Postby Maple leaf » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 am

Dnls_mum wrote:
Maple leaf wrote:
Dnls_mum wrote:Can anyone advise when will the year end GEP P4 exams be held? I recall from my DS's time many years back that it is always before the PSLE marking days. Is it still the case nowadays?



Yes,around that period. DS normally has his Maths and Science papers.(last 2),the week after the PSLE marking days. :smile:


Thanks. That mean cannot go holidays during PSLE marking days lor.


The last time,we went to Legoland 2 nigjts during the PSLE marking days.Was a relaxing break As we thought left we 2 papers. In the end, he didn't do that well for his Science paper..Not advisable.

Maple leaf
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: All About GEP

Postby jedamum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi hi
Looking to buy preloved copy of A Single Shard book at reasonable price.
Prefer the cover without face....:sweat: (the edition they using now)
Pm me. Thanks.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8844
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: All About GEP

Postby hquek » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:25 pm

jedamum wrote:Hi hi
Looking to buy preloved copy of A Single Shard book at reasonable price.
Prefer the cover without face....:sweat: (the edition they using now)
Pm me. Thanks.


Does Evergreen carry?first floor at bras basah facing raffles hotel.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 6725
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am
Total Likes: 71


Re: All About GEP

Postby ACMummy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi Fellow KSP Mummies and Daddies

I would like to sell the the following books which were listed in the GEP Extensive Reading Programme (ERP) for 2016 Primary 5. These books are in List A (Mysteries) and can be used for the ERP assignment. They are in a very good condition and I am letting go at a discount. PM me if you are interested. You can buy the books separately if you do not need all of them. Thank you

1) Extraordinary Losers #4 - The Lunchbox Thief by Jessica Alejandro (bought at $12.42, selling at $10)
2) Sherlock Sam and the Missing Heirloom in Katong by A.J Low (bought at $9.53 selling at $7.50)
3) Sherlock Homes - The Will of the Dead (bought at $23.45 selling at $20)
4) The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie (bought at $18.57 selling at $16)
5) The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie (bought at $23.10 selling at $20)
6) From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs Basil E Frankweiler by E L Konigsburg (Bought at $20.49 selling at $18)

Regards
AC Mummy

ACMummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:30 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres