55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby jedamum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 pm

hquek wrote:
jedamum wrote:Hi hi
Looking to buy preloved copy of A Single Shard book at reasonable price.
Prefer the cover without face....:sweat: (the edition they using now)
Pm me. Thanks.

Does Evergreen carry?first floor at bras basah facing raffles hotel.

? Thinking if people selling here, I just buy via post. No need travel. :sweat:
Thanks anyway. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby hello77 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Thank you for the informative thread. I believe GEP streaming is good because it helps to seethe out the cream of the crop and nuture them in a good, conducive environment. There's a lot of talk about how all school is a good school but truly, we still need programmes like this to separate out the children into their learning speed, intelligence levels. It will be for the good of all, especially because targeted programmes can be further put in place.

hello77
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby berrymom » Wed May 04, 2016 12:51 pm

See the letter from this P6 gep kid, think it might be a good idea to refresh the 6 goals of GEP with our kids ( & remind parents like me to chill when time to view results in report book end this month :shock: ).

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/lette ... -potential

berrymom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jen_low » Wed May 04, 2016 10:49 pm

berrymom wrote:See the letter from this P6 gep kid, think it might be a good idea to refresh the 6 goals of GEP with our kids ( & remind parents like me to chill when time to view results in report book end this month :shock: ).

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/lette ... -potential

Hear Hear!

jen_low
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Gxmas » Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 pm

I don't think the debate is whether Geppers should be considered for DSA, rather there should not be a specific category catered to them. They should apply for DSA the same way as all other students, ie, using their specific talent(s). They are talented, at least, in English and/or Math, so they should have no problem choosing a domain for DSA. Many are likely to be talented in many more areas.

Gxmas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

1 people like this post

Postby huaywenandkenneth » Fri May 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Gxmas wrote:I don't think the debate is whether Geppers should be considered for DSA, rather there should not be a specific category catered to them. They should apply for DSA the same way as all other students, ie, using their specific talent(s). They are talented, at least, in English and/or Math, so they should have no problem choosing a domain for DSA. Many are likely to be talented in many more areas.

This is a very good and valid point.

huaywenandkenneth
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby zolldoll » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi all mummies,

Im new to this thread. Can I check when is GEP? Is it for Pri 3 only? Really confusing cos I read here somewhere mentioning Pri 4 also has GEP. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks so much in advanced.

zolldoll
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nicnac » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:22 pm

zolldoll wrote:Hi all mummies,

Im new to this thread. Can I check when is GEP? Is it for Pri 3 only? Really confusing cos I read here somewhere mentioning Pri 4 also has GEP. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks so much in advanced.

Selection for Gep is in primary 3. The GEP program will be from P4-P6. There will be 2 rounds of selection tests for p3. All p3 are eligible to take the round 1 selection test. Those who pass the 1st selection test will take the Round 2 test.

Round 1 - Screening test that is open to all P3 (optional though) will take place in August.

Round 2 - Selection Test to those who pass the Screening Test will be in October over 2 days.

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:30 am

zolldoll wrote:Hi all mummies,

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 72&t=85782

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Gxmas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:40 am

Hi, I have read about GEP students submitting Portfolio for DSA purpose. May I know is this Portfolio the same as the Portfolio Entry for Social Studies? Do the Social Studies Portfolio Entries form part of the Portfolio for DSA? Thanks!

Gxmas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres