35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby reddiechan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:44 pm

berrymom wrote:Thank you reddiechan & muska !!!
U guys gave me more details than the Tr. She just add on yesterday saying dun have details yet but ask me to get my ds do poster.....I was like asking my boy : huh ? what size, what to put ? is there any instruction given... :roll:

You're welcome :)

Maybe it's school / teacher specific. My DD was just given instructions to prepare the poster softcopy based on available template, and send via usb / email. The poster just 'plonked' itself back one day. :boogie:

reddiechan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hweepang » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 am

Hi Hi!

Can't find a relevant tread anywhere...... wondering if anyone have any knowledge about early admission into primary 1?

My daughter was tested by a psychologist using the Stanford Binet test. Results shows that she is in the 99.9th percentile and the report indicates that there is a possibility for early admission into P1. (MOE website stated 3/100,000 though...i.e. 99.97th percentile.)

Anyway, we'd just brought her for her 1st assessment with MOE gifted education branch. Pending update/results.

I want to know if anyone have similar experiences and will like to know more about the entire process.

hweepang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hweepang » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:00 am

Hi Hi!

Can't find a relevant tread anywhere...... wondering if anyone have any knowledge about early admission into primary 1?

My daughter was tested by a psychologist using the Stanford Binet test. Results shows that she is in the 99.9th percentile and the report indicates that there is a possibility for early admission into P1. (MOE website stated 3/100,000 though...i.e. 99.97th percentile.)

Anyway, we'd just brought her for her 1st assessment with MOE gifted education branch. Pending update/results.

I want to know if anyone have similar experiences and will like to know more about the entire process.

hweepang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MJ2009 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi parents, am wondering if any of your child/ren have gone into GEP, but decided to go back to mainstream in P5/6? If so, care to share your experience? If not convenient to share here, mind if you pm me? Would like to have both sides of the "world" for a better understanding of the "insights" before the final deadline of 16 Nov for my ds. Meanwhile, am :pray: for wisdom, tsktsk...

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby panickymum » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:41 pm

MJ2009 wrote:Hi parents, am wondering if any of your child/ren have gone into GEP, but decided to go back to mainstream in P5/6? If so, care to share your experience? If not convenient to share here, mind if you pm me? Would like to have both sides of the "world" for a better understanding of the "insights" before the final deadline of 16 Nov for my ds. Meanwhile, am :pray: for wisdom, tsktsk...

Pls share . I am interested to know too . We have not decided too . I have sleepless night , thinking which is the best path for my DS . thanks in advance

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby panickymum » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:41 pm

MJ2009 wrote:Hi parents, am wondering if any of your child/ren have gone into GEP, but decided to go back to mainstream in P5/6? If so, care to share your experience? If not convenient to share here, mind if you pm me? Would like to have both sides of the "world" for a better understanding of the "insights" before the final deadline of 16 Nov for my ds. Meanwhile, am :pray: for wisdom, tsktsk...

Pls share . I am interested to know too . We have not decided too . I have sleepless night , thinking which is the best path for my DS . thanks in advance

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby junemum72 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:11 pm

I was in your position last year and I can totally feel your anxiety and curiousity how it is like.

Mine p5 this year and frankly he is borderline case only not the HA sorts so at times I wonder did they make a mistake on his gep papers. How I cope is not as important as how the kids cope. The kids do generally enjoy themselves more than the parents.

Do not worry about what happens if they need to switch to ms due to marks. You just need to manage your own expectations.

Good luck !!

junemum72
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby lee_yl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:10 pm

panickymum wrote:

Hi, according to my P4 dd, no one drops out of GE this year for the P4 cohort. My friend's P5 dd, who is in another centre, will have one friend leaving GE but due to her family moving overseas as her father has been posted overseas.

I just want to say that the dropout rate is extremely low. The program is not a bed of roses but it is not that tough.

Teachers in general are kind and supportive. Of course, parental support is important and there's a need to manage one's expectations too!

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:31 pm

There was a classmate who was told to leave gep. Happened in mid p5 after June holiday

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Em » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:36 pm

sleepy wrote:There was a classmate who was told to leave gep. Happened in mid p5 after June holiday

Sleepy, was any reason given for the departure?

Em
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres