Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Sursum » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Em wrote:
sleepy wrote:There was a classmate who was told to leave gep. Happened in mid p5 after June holiday

Sleepy, was any reason given for the departure?

Nobody from my dc's batches was asked to leave gep but from what I gather from the trs, they don't look at marks alone. They look at the kid's learning attitude too.

Sursum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lee_yl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:20 pm

sleepy wrote:There was a classmate who was told to leave gep. Happened in mid p5 after June holiday

Did it happen in 2015 or 2016? Any reason for the departure?

There is this girl in my DD's class who got chided by teachers throughout the year but by end of SA2, DD told me the classmate showed significant improvement for all subjects. Phew!

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:05 pm

So far i have only heard of a child who went back to the mainstream in P5. Not sure of the reasons though. It is not common. There should be many rounds of discussion bet the trs, child and parents before such a decision is made. The child can choose to go back to the ms of the gep school or ms of his formal primary school. The school will then try their best to arrange. This is what i heard from the teacher a few years ago. This child chose to stay in the ms of the gep school.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:13 pm

My DS's school also has 1/2 kids went back to MS in mid P5. Parents support group got the wind of it and together with the child's parents, help to support the child into the MS. All went well and smoothly.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sweetbaby » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:16 am

How about CCA? From your experience, do the CCA's groups of the GEP schools try to make space for the the incoming students? Generally was your child able to enter the CCA of your choice (same CCA from previous school eg; Choir)?

sweetbaby
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby westbb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:21 am

sweetbaby wrote:How about CCA? From your experience, do the CCA's groups of the GEP schools try to make space for the the incoming students? Generally was your child able to enter the CCA of your choice (same CCA from previous school eg; Choir)?

my dc's sch only made CCA compulsory at P4. so I guess that give will everyone equal opportunity to join the CCA. he was transferred student as well.

westbb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby reddiechan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:28 am

sweetbaby wrote:How about CCA? From your experience, do the CCA's groups of the GEP schools try to make space for the the incoming students? Generally was your child able to enter the CCA of your choice (same CCA from previous school eg; Choir)?

Generally CCA requirements at Primary School level aren't as stringent as Secondary Schools (?), but some would require auditions for admission. My DD was accepted into the Modern Dance CCA at P5 after an audition at the end of P4, even though she has had no prior dance CCA experience - and then there was the binding requirement so she couldn't quit later even when she has lost interest.

reddiechan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MJ2009 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Parents,

I just came back from the briefing and left out the collection of brochure from Catholic High as I had to rush off :sweat: Can any kind soul able to pm me snap shots of the brochure of the information?

Would like clarification regarding HCL - eg. booklet mentioned that Rosyth is non-SAP hence CL is avail upon P5 (if I understood correctly). But when I inquire at the booth, teacher said it's compulsory for P4 AND P5. If can't cope by P5, might arrange for child to do CL instead. This was different from what the booklet stated and wonder if any other non sap schools also have compulsory HCL in from P4-P6?

HCL is compulsory from P4-P6 for SAP schools like CHS & NYPS, this info is correct, right? My DS doesn't take HCL from P1-P3, hence am concern :scratchhead:

~ lost mummy

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MJ2009 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:17 am

MJ2009 wrote:Hi Parents,

I just came back from the briefing and left out the collection of brochure from Catholic High as I had to rush off :sweat: Can any kind soul able to pm me snap shots of the brochure of the information?

Would like clarification regarding HCL - eg. booklet mentioned that Rosyth is non-SAP hence CL is avail upon P5 (if I understood correctly). But when I inquire at the booth, teacher said it's compulsory for P4 AND P5. If can't cope by P5, might arrange for child to do CL instead. This was different from what the booklet stated and wonder if any other non sap schools also have compulsory HCL in from P4-P6?

HCL is compulsory from P4-P6 for SAP schools like CHS & NYPS, this info is correct, right? My DS doesn't take HCL from P1-P3, hence am concern :scratchhead:

~ lost mummy

Just found the brochure tugged inside a folder, so won't be needing the brochure, thanks, hehe, paiseh paiseh :slapshead:

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sweetbaby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi all,
For ACSP Gep, do the boys have late days? Roughly how many times a week and till what time? thanks.
I posted this question in the 2016 Gep, which in an afterthought might not be the most suitable place.

sweetbaby
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres