35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby broken » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Thank you for all your feedback. Hope nobody feels offended.
I did think of how other mainstream parents might feel if they come across my query.
But it's not right to assume that all gifted children equals to child geniuses or must be all rounders who will aced all their subjects. Some of his classmates like mine are only gifted in 1 subject and still struggle with rest of the subjects.

broken
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wcc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:53 pm

GTGT wrote:
Albon wrote:Can I ask if edusave award for top 10% of the cohort is available to gep student?

Are the GEP students group separately from mainstream when assessing the top 10%?

I think they are assessed based on their own stream in their school, not combined.

wcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby christinetan17 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:01 am

Hi, any recommendation for alternative transport svc frm Punggol to Rosyth School due to there is no vacancy for school bus svc now, thanks.

christinetan17
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby darwinkoh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Anyone got information regarding the screening and selection test dates for 2017? Seems like MOE is rather late this year in providing the details....

darwinkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sky minecrafter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:19 pm

darwinkoh wrote:Anyone got information regarding the screening and selection test dates for 2017? Seems like MOE is rather late this year in providing the details....

According to Fuchun Primary School's notification, dated 10 Jan 2017, posted online:
23 Aug 2017 GEP Screening Exercise (EL & MA)

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby darwinkoh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:15 pm

sky minecrafter wrote:According to Fuchun Primary School's notification, dated 10 Jan 2017, posted online:
23 Aug 2017 GEP Screening Exercise (EL & MA)

Thanks. How about the selection exercise? MOE is rather late this time round.

darwinkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sky minecrafter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:34 pm

darwinkoh wrote:How about the selection exercise? MOE is rather late this time round.

This is the online document I mentioned.
19/20 Oct 2017 GEP Selection Exercise (EL, MA, General Ability)

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby darwinkoh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 am

sky minecrafter wrote:This is the online document I mentioned.
19/20 Oct 2017 GEP Selection Exercise (EL, MA, General Ability)

Many thanks for the link. ;)

darwinkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Gxmas » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi! Could any experienced parents share about the selection of the pull-out enrichment Math program, the Advanced Math program? How many students are there? Can a student be selected for both the Masterclass Math and Advanced Math program? Thanks!

Gxmas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby StillThinking » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 pm

I am actually against the idea of the preparatory lessons. This simply defeats the purpose. The idea of the programme is to help sift out the gifted ones and not to sift out those whose parents are kiasu. The programme is not of elite status.

The following is how I view the programme.
Geniuses would easily find a program planned for others, which others find just fine or just there, too boring. This would make one spend more time on other stuff, which would easily lead one astray. Thus a programme with more content would be just right for them.
On the other hand those who are not geniuses but pushed in by their parents would find the programme way too hard and thus lose confidence fast as they are around these geniuses which find the programme manageable. This would be very detrimental to these young children.

This is personally how I look at it. I am aware this is rather biased and may not be completely factual. This is just my opinion and please do not look at it too seriously.

StillThinking
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres