Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm

2ppaamm wrote:
vlim wrote:OT stand for what hah??? :?

I also learnt it recently leh: Off topic.


ooh...i think the chief will come and chase us away liao..haaaa :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby phankao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:51 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Er my son's pretty tall for p4. He is almost 1.5 m. That's some p6 height. Drinks quite a bit of peanut soup. Just like any soup with pork bones or pork meat . Boil and drink like a soup. Whole family can drink especially good for old folks. Heard it gets rid of toxic.


My p5 has been drinking peanut soup since young wat. hahaha. I christened it the "grow bones" soup. He's only 1.2m. Hahhahah. The short genes v hard to grow out of in our family.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5660
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 7


Postby phankao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 pm

syshi wrote:
phankao wrote:
Dunno ... my son, for one, never gets into the top academic ranks. At the same time, he has no problems doing fairly well in IQ tests ... altho' not well enough to get into GEP though. hahah! The English must've surely stumped him.


Most probably on the General Abilities. A lot of children fail at that... English and Math can be trained... but not General Ability


No, he always scores v high in all those abstract & general ability tests. Last year he also did some as part of DSA, and for one of them, we had the results. He did best in Math & GA, poorest in Eng. There were no other sections for the tests. ;-)

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5660
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 7


Postby Way2GO » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:55 pm

OT :oops:
u all noticed few shorties in cabinet -
MBT, WKS, KBH...
but PM has always been tall?
Last edited by Way2GO on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

phankao wrote:No, he always scores v high in all those abstract & general ability tests. Last year he also did some as part of DSA, and for one of them, we had the results. He did best in Math & GA, poorest in Eng. There were no other sections for the tests. ;-)

Strange, why would he do poorest for Eng? My kids seem to find Eng easier than the Maths part. Do you speak Eng at home? Or could it be the school they attend?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:57 pm
Total Likes: 6



Postby Way2GO » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Strange, why would he do poorest for Eng? My kids seem to find Eng easier than the Maths part. Do you speak Eng at home? Or could it be the school they attend?


That's what my kid said after last year's selection tests too.
English was easier. Maths was VERY difficult.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Postby phankao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:16 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Strange, why would he do poorest for Eng? My kids seem to find Eng easier than the Maths part. Do you speak Eng at home? Or could it be the school they attend?


Yes, we speak English at home. And they attend a SAP/GEP pri school (or used to). :lol: But somehow my elder boy is poor in language. Poor as in comparison to his Math & Science lah. I don't find that surprising. Just that he is better at doing subjects that require less linguistic expression? HAHAHA!!! My younger boy is never good at IQ tests of any sort and is good only in Math & Chinese. Even Science is too much of "language" to him - the English kind ... and no, we don't even speak chinese at home(at least not when the elder 3 were young), so I don't know where he got his love of Chinese from.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5660
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 7


Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm

phankao wrote:Yes, we speak English at home. And they attend a SAP/GEP pri school (or used to). :lol: But somehow my elder boy is poor in language. Poor as in comparison to his Math & Science lah. I don't find that surprising. Just that he is better at doing subjects that require less linguistic expression? HAHAHA!!! My younger boy is never good at IQ tests of any sort and is good only in Math & Chinese. Even Science is too much of "language" to him - the English kind ... and no, we don't even speak chinese at home(at least not when the elder 3 were young), so I don't know where he got his love of Chinese from.

Yep, sometimes things are just so strange, don't you think?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:57 pm
Total Likes: 6


Postby syshi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Hi,

I have a friend who is 1.73m, his son 1.84m. Don't think it has all to do with the food, this boy sleeps very early every night, and eats very little. He is still growing. His mum is about 1.6m.

To grow tall, 3 elements (from my years of research - which may mean nothing :)):
1. Sleep
2. Exercise
3. Diet.


I fulfill all those... Ha.. Ha.. Ha...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:49 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby vlim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 pm

hai..wonder how to help my son to counter stage fright...He is very uneasy with oral presentation... :(

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres