All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 05,
Total Likes:5

Re: All About GEP

Post by panickymum » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 pm

For the past years, anyone can guage the Psle score from the P6 SA1? Eg x 0.73 or 0.75?

KAP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 29,

Re: All About GEP

Post by KAP » Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 pm

I think it depends on how hard your test paper is. Normally from a school w harder test papers, we take 0.73 only. Coming from a school w easy test papers, take a higher 0.75 will give you the range gauge.

Zappy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Oct 16,
Total Likes:13

Re: All About GEP

Post by Zappy » Sat May 25, 2019 9:43 pm

KAP wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 pm
I think it depends on how hard your test paper is. Normally from a school w harder test papers, we take 0.73 only. Coming from a school w easy test papers, take a higher 0.75 will give you the range gauge.
Isn't it the other way around?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17745
Joined: Fri Jan 21,
Total Likes:106

Re: All About GEP

Post by phtthp » Sat May 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Should be the other way round, using p6 prelim (SA2) mainstream papers, not using gep paper, because for prelim : gep students will also be taking mainstream papers, not taking any gep paper


Higher standard, more challenging paper : multiply by 0.75

Lower standard, easier paper : multiply by 0.73

Nothing to do with sa1 (mid year exam, in may) because for

Both Chinese and Science, these 2 subjects, there is still a big difference in the examination scope, between sa1 and Prelim (sa2)

P6 sa1 : normal Chinese only test up to maximum 8 chapters, of your p6 textbook MOE syllabus

However, come Prelim (sa2) -
Normal Chinese test (or examine) primary (3 to 6) MOE syllabus. See the big difference ?

For Science :
Prelim will test more Science topics, compared to sa1

Following prelim, is the actual PSLE.
Last edited by phtthp on Sun May 26, 2019 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 05,
Total Likes:5

Re: All About GEP

Post by panickymum » Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 pm

I meant GEP paper. They should be the same right. How normally GE students multiply their SA1 score?


Zappy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Oct 16,
Total Likes:13

Re: All About GEP

Post by Zappy » Sun May 26, 2019 8:23 am

panickymum wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 pm
I meant GEP paper. They should be the same right. How normally GE students multiply their SA1 score?

You can't use the SA1 but GEP students still have to take the year end prelim papers which is the same for all students in the school. That's the score you can use to multiply the 0.72-0.75.

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Jun 05,
Total Likes:5

Re: All About GEP

Post by panickymum » Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 am

Zappy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:23 am
panickymum wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 pm
I meant GEP paper. They should be the same right. How normally GE students multiply their SA1 score?

You can't use the SA1 but GEP students still have to take the year end prelim papers which is the same for all students in the school. That's the score you can use to multiply the 0.72-0.75.
:thankyou:

KAP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 29,

Re: All About GEP

Post by KAP » Sun May 26, 2019 10:19 am

Oh yes that’s right, all the best everyone. June holidays is a good time to do catch up and revision. I think planning ahead to catch up w the full scope (all p3-p6) is better than rushing it all to the end in July/Aug

Selrahc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 06,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by Selrahc » Fri May 31, 2019 8:28 am

Hi,
Does anyone have an idea what's an average SA results in P5/P6 for GEP cohort like? Will be better if there is also information on the 25th % and 75th %. I'm having difficulty gauging where my son is as the school does not share info at the class or cohort level. Thanks.

Bochapmum3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue May 29,
Total Likes:3

Re: All About GEP

Post by Bochapmum3 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi for this P6 SA1, only know science average is high 80s+ from the teacher. Other subjects never reveal any average, but my own guess for language probably mid 80s+. So my guesstimate for overall average is around 87%.

Post Reply