All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Dec 23,
Total Likes:7

Post by 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

vlim wrote:hai..wonder how to help my son to counter stage fright...He is very uneasy with oral presentation... :(

Make him practise, practise, practise in front of you. Give him impromptu projects to present in front of you. Train him to speak his mind and in the least prepared situation.

Don't correct him, just listen and observe him improve with every presentation.

Practise makes perfect! That's how I train my students. Don't know if it will work for you, but you can certainly try!

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Post by vlim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 am

2ppaamm wrote:
vlim wrote:hai..wonder how to help my son to counter stage fright...He is very uneasy with oral presentation... :(

Make him practise, practise, practise in front of you. Give him impromptu projects to present in front of you. Train him to speak his mind and in the least prepared situation.

Don't correct him, just listen and observe him improve with every presentation.

Practise makes perfect! That's how I train my students. Don't know if it will work for you, but you can certainly try!


But my kid has no problem in speaking up in front of me but when coming to oral presention in public...scared scared....yesturday he told me he 'purposely' did badly in an audition so that he does not have to go on stage to give annoucement :stupid: :stupid: .... hai ..cannot scold him as I think most people got stage fright including me :lol:

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jan 08,
Total Likes:1

Post by syshi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 am

vlim wrote:But my kid has no problem in speaking up in front of me but when coming to oral presention in public...scared scared....yesturday he told me he 'purposely' did badly in an audition so that he does not have to go on stage to give annoucement :stupid: :stupid: .... hai ..cannot scold him as I think most people got stage fright including me :lol:


My DS also got stage fright... if you got those magic show or games which required him to go up stage, he will hide at the back...
Even up till now...

But funny thing is during his pre-school graduation, he was asked to delivery the speech for Chinese... and he did it without getting any stage fright... quite surprised also.. maybe need to built up his confidence...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 24,

Post by Zann » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

Morning all, how is your child progressing with Family Tree thingy? Wonder if the submission data is common for all? Mine has yet to conduct his interview last night coz his interviewee was too busy.

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jan 08,
Total Likes:1

Post by syshi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 am

For CHS, only submitting the Family Tree Chart today... interview draft next week...


KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jan 17,

Post by KSmom8 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 am

Zann wrote:Morning all, how is your child progressing with Family Tree thingy? Wonder if the submission data is common for all? Mine has yet to conduct his interview last night coz his interviewee was too busy.


My son submitted draft interview questions and draft family tree (submitted today). His teacher has not returned the interview questions. The write up on the interview is not due yet ...can't remember deadline. Perhaps different submission schedule for different schools?

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jan 17,

Post by KSmom8 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 am

syshi wrote:My DS also got stage fright... if you got those magic show or games which required him to go up stage, he will hide at the back...
Even up till now...

But funny thing is during his pre-school graduation, he was asked to delivery the speech for Chinese... and he did it without getting any stage fright... quite surprised also.. maybe need to built up his confidence...


Thanks for the tip! My son is also very uneasy with oral presentations. Hubby and I hope that being in GEP will help him overcome this... main reason why we decided to let him go to GEP.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2532
Joined: Wed Dec 23,
Total Likes:7

Post by 2ppaamm » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Ours very relaxed, 8 March. But DS has already finished the work, so I asked him to add some more stuff like pictures and all.

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Nov 17,

Post by pecalis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 pm

syshi wrote:For CHS, only submitting the Family Tree Chart today... interview draft next week...


Same sch -CHS but chart can be submitted after CNY so as to get photos. Tr told me last week that cannot do interview questions yet, cos tr will teach in class first, so not allowed to come out with qns on your own yet?!?

Final submission is 8th Mar.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4487
Joined: Fri Nov 13,
Total Likes:4

Post by Way2GO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 am

Sorri OT.
This morning I saw ST's headline about a 13 yo boy trying for Uni and I immediately thought of Ainan's case.
As I read further, the contrasts couldn't be more glaring and the unspoken thrust of the headlined article couldn't be more obvious.
How can anyone not be skeptical that ST is free press? :wink:

Post Reply