Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby 2ppaamm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

vlim wrote:hai..wonder how to help my son to counter stage fright...He is very uneasy with oral presentation... :(

Make him practise, practise, practise in front of you. Give him impromptu projects to present in front of you. Train him to speak his mind and in the least prepared situation.

Don't correct him, just listen and observe him improve with every presentation.

Practise makes perfect! That's how I train my students. Don't know if it will work for you, but you can certainly try!

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 am

2ppaamm wrote:
vlim wrote:hai..wonder how to help my son to counter stage fright...He is very uneasy with oral presentation... :(

Make him practise, practise, practise in front of you. Give him impromptu projects to present in front of you. Train him to speak his mind and in the least prepared situation.

Don't correct him, just listen and observe him improve with every presentation.

Practise makes perfect! That's how I train my students. Don't know if it will work for you, but you can certainly try!

But my kid has no problem in speaking up in front of me but when coming to oral presention in public...scared scared....yesturday he told me he 'purposely' did badly in an audition so that he does not have to go on stage to give annoucement :stupid: :stupid: .... hai ..cannot scold him as I think most people got stage fright including me :lol:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 am

vlim wrote:But my kid has no problem in speaking up in front of me but when coming to oral presention in public...scared scared....yesturday he told me he 'purposely' did badly in an audition so that he does not have to go on stage to give annoucement :stupid: :stupid: .... hai ..cannot scold him as I think most people got stage fright including me :lol:

My DS also got stage fright... if you got those magic show or games which required him to go up stage, he will hide at the back...
Even up till now...

But funny thing is during his pre-school graduation, he was asked to delivery the speech for Chinese... and he did it without getting any stage fright... quite surprised also.. maybe need to built up his confidence...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

Morning all, how is your child progressing with Family Tree thingy? Wonder if the submission data is common for all? Mine has yet to conduct his interview last night coz his interviewee was too busy.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby syshi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 am

For CHS, only submitting the Family Tree Chart today... interview draft next week...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 am

Zann wrote:Morning all, how is your child progressing with Family Tree thingy? Wonder if the submission data is common for all? Mine has yet to conduct his interview last night coz his interviewee was too busy.

My son submitted draft interview questions and draft family tree (submitted today). His teacher has not returned the interview questions. The write up on the interview is not due yet ...can't remember deadline. Perhaps different submission schedule for different schools?

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:08 am

syshi wrote:My DS also got stage fright... if you got those magic show or games which required him to go up stage, he will hide at the back...
Even up till now...

But funny thing is during his pre-school graduation, he was asked to delivery the speech for Chinese... and he did it without getting any stage fright... quite surprised also.. maybe need to built up his confidence...

Thanks for the tip! My son is also very uneasy with oral presentations. Hubby and I hope that being in GEP will help him overcome this... main reason why we decided to let him go to GEP.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 pm

Ours very relaxed, 8 March. But DS has already finished the work, so I asked him to add some more stuff like pictures and all.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pecalis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 pm

syshi wrote:For CHS, only submitting the Family Tree Chart today... interview draft next week...

Same sch -CHS but chart can be submitted after CNY so as to get photos. Tr told me last week that cannot do interview questions yet, cos tr will teach in class first, so not allowed to come out with qns on your own yet?!?

Final submission is 8th Mar.

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Way2GO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 am

Sorri OT.
This morning I saw ST's headline about a 13 yo boy trying for Uni and I immediately thought of Ainan's case.
As I read further, the contrasts couldn't be more glaring and the unspoken thrust of the headlined article couldn't be more obvious.
How can anyone not be skeptical that ST is free press? :wink:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge