35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 am

Way2GO wrote:Sorri OT.
This morning I saw ST's headline about a 13 yo boy trying for Uni and I immediately thought of Ainan's case.
As I read further, the contrasts couldn't be more glaring and the unspoken thrust of the headlined article couldn't be more obvious.
How can anyone not be skeptical that ST is free press? :wink:

Hey, I didn't see it leh. Do you have a link to this? DD wants to go uni in June, she is also 13, but DH is against it. I am now in between the two. Would love to read about this case...

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 am

This morning I saw ST's headline about a 13 yo boy trying for Uni and I immediately thought of Ainan's case.
As I read further, the contrasts couldn't be more glaring and the unspoken thrust of the headlined article couldn't be more obvious.

Hey, I didn't see it leh. Do you have a link to this?

BTW, does anyone want the rubrics for the family tree? If you need it, please pm me.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:51 am

2ppaamm wrote:
Hey, I didn't see it leh. Do you have a link to this?

This morning ST front page headline.
I only hv a hardcopy.
Can scan and post it here if u don't hv a hard copy of ST.
Please advise.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 am

2ppaamm wrote: BTW, does anyone want the rubrics for the family tree? If you need it, please pm me.

I pm u.
Thks.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 am

2ppaamm wrote:

Hey, I didn't see it leh. Do you have a link to this? DD wants to go uni in June, she is also 13, but DH is against it. I am now in between the two. Would love to read about this case...

It doesn't mean that he would get into the local u for certain, esp since he's interested in applying for the medical school. He took A-levels tho' (thru British Council, not MOE).

Here's part of the article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 86723.html

Interestingly, I wonder why the article only mentions that he is a "former" student of Rosyth, but fails to mention that he is a CURRENT student of NUS High???
http://sms.math.nus.edu.sg/Competitions/SMO2009.aspx
If I'm not mistaken, he's also a GEP student.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 am

[quote="phankao"]
It doesn't mean that he would get into the local u for certain, esp since he's interested in applying for the medical school. He took A-levels tho' (thru British Council, not MOE).

They are going to pull out all for the stops for him IF he qualifies for NUS medical school.
:wink: u know my drift?
It will also be good for people like 2ppaamm and kids having an extra avenue after this publicity.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:48 am

phankao wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:

Here's part of the article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 86723.html

Interestingly, I wonder why the article only mentions that he is a "former" student of Rosyth, but fails to mention that he is a CURRENT student of NUS High???
http://sms.math.nus.edu.sg/Competitions/SMO2009.aspx
If I'm not mistaken, he's also a GEP student.

I like the tone of this boy and the qualifications much better. He is more 'real'. Therefore, NUS is more open. Seems all's ok in this case so far.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:48 am

2ppaamm wrote:

Wonder which uni is your girl going to this June? How did she get assessed to promote from sec 1 to uni. So fast meh :?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ApronMama » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 am

Zann wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:

Wonder which uni is your girl going to this June? How did she get assessed to promote from sec 1 to uni. So fast meh :?

What is the purpose of jumping so many steps? Cost cutting? Are they usually coached by their own parents from young age? Would you want to see a doctor who is so young?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 am

Zann wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:

I actually removed my comments, you are very fast. Thought I'd not talk about it today... But here's a link that we discussed last month. http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/conte ... university I could not find the link to the forum, but it's with the tertiary part.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP