Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby applecore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 pm

cluelessmom wrote:Tks for sharing with us 2ppaamm... Gosh, I din even noe there is an assessment rebrics available for the family tree project :shock: ... er is there any assessment rubrics available for IVP projects? :?

Hi cluelessmum,

Presumably, your child is in P4 GEP? There are assessment rubrics for every practically every project, assignment, presentation etc, if their marks are included in the final year computation. But you don't really have to worry as teachers will always provide the rubrics with each task and if your child follows the criteria set out closely, getting full marks is highly possible for high-quality pieces of work. Good luck and have fun with GEP !

Cheers! :D

applecore
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tired mom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:18 pm

applecore wrote:
cluelessmom wrote:Tks for sharing with us 2ppaamm... Gosh, I din even noe there is an assessment rebrics available for the family tree project :shock: ... er is there any assessment rubrics available for IVP projects? :?

Hi cluelessmum,

Presumably, your child is in P4 GEP? There are assessment rubrics for every practically every project, assignment, presentation etc, if their marks are included in the final year computation. But you don't really have to worry as teachers will always provide the rubrics with each task and if your child follows the criteria set out closely, getting full marks is highly possible for high-quality pieces of work. Good luck and have fun with GEP !

My kid is also in P4 GEP. You mean the teachers are supposed to provide the rubrics with each task, if applicable? Or do we have to ask the teachers specifically for the rubrics? cause she definitely did not receive any. Maybe I should email the teachers to ask :?:

Also, thanks to 2ppaamm for sharing the rubrics with us. It's really a great help!
:thankyou:

tired mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:24 pm

tired mom wrote:My kid is also in P4 GEP. You mean the teachers are supposed to provide the rubrics with each task, if applicable? Or do we have to ask the teachers specifically for the rubrics? cause she definitely did not receive any. Maybe I should email the teachers to ask :?:

Also, thanks to 2ppaamm for sharing the rubrics with us. It's really a great help!

A different use for this :welcome: d but you are truly welcomed.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby applecore » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 pm

tired mom wrote:My kid is also in P4 GEP. You mean the teachers are supposed to provide the rubrics with each task, if applicable? Or do we have to ask the teachers specifically for the rubrics? cause she definitely did not receive any. Maybe I should email the teachers to ask :?:

Hi tired mum,

I'm not sure if giving out rubrics are 'compulsory' for each task but in my child's 3 years in GEP, they were dutifully handed out. Rubrics can be really helpful as it helps to guide the child along, especially if he/she has no clear idea of how to approach the task, which may be quite a common problem faced by many GEP kids. Many of the assignments are demanding and teachers' expectations high. No harm asking the teacher for the rubrics I suppose.

:celebrate:

applecore
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 pm

applecore wrote:Hi cluelessmum,

Hi applecore, my dd is in P5 tis year.... yea I am still clueless :lol:
It seems like different GEP schools have different approaches to teaching the students... so far I have not been informed to attend any briefing on her chosen IVP project which I think some other GEP schools had given.....

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby JHFMum » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Rubrics are given for all performance tasks and at the beginning, not when the child is supposed to hand out. That is expected, otherwise how would the student know what is the std of work.

My girl is in Sec 1 now. After a while, you don't get too anxious. The GEPers are resilient, they will finally be able to cope. If you want your child to gain from doing the tasks, don't provide too much guidance.

JHFMum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tired mom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi applecore and JHFmum,

thanks lots for your clarification :thankyou:

tired mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Zann » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 am

My child also in P4 GEP this year and did not receive any rubrics either.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Anyone can enlighten what they are teaching in Maths? I have no clue how they will be assessed, what will be taught. Did your school handout any syllabus?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am

I am also quite clueless abt what is being taught in Maths for GEP P4.
My DD is having maths (gep) tuition so I am quite confuse whether I shld stop her tuition..

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP