Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby mathsparks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:21 pm

aiyah 2ppaamm, tired le. dont grill me can? but i'm sure his grades has boosted his confidence. anyway he's stopped going for any tuition this year. see how he goes.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:23 pm

mathsparks wrote:aiyah 2ppaamm, tired le. dont grill me can? but i'm sure his grades has boosted his confidence. anyway he's stopped going for any tuition this year. see how he goes.

He'll be better lah! ha ha! Not grilling you lah... sometimes I also reflect upon these questions myself... wondering what's the best thing to do... seeing everyone going for tuition always spark this question whether we should do it. You know that kind of dilemma. And it's not a matter of affordability.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:34 am

Hi 2ppaamm

My DD only started attending TLL Maths class late last year.
Why? Cos my DD has a strong passion for this subject and have difficulty teaching her. She is a bright girl but mummy isn't so bright.

So I decided to send her to TLL and she is enjoying her class at TLL as she is expose to the more 'cheem' stuff and she enjoys doing the worksheets.

:wink:

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 am

Herbie wrote:Hi 2ppaamm

My DD only started attending TLL Maths class late last year.
Why? Cos my DD has a strong passion for this subject and have difficulty teaching her. She is a bright girl but mummy isn't so bright.

So I decided to send her to TLL and she is enjoying her class at TLL as she is expose to the more 'cheem' stuff and she enjoys doing the worksheets.

:wink:

Hi Herbie, care to share what TLL teaches for GEP English? What is the standard like compare to school GEP English and mainstream English(sec 1 or 2?) TIA.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Zann

Sorry, i am unable to answer yr qn cos my DD just started attending the GEP Eng at TLL.

Also I do not have any knowledge abt GEP english in Pri School and beyond (sec).

But I must say that my DD enjoys her lessons at TLL as the teacher also explains grammer rules and subject verb agreement etc to them.

Cheers!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 am

Herbie wrote:Hi Zann

Sorry, i am unable to answer yr qn cos my DD just started attending the GEP Eng at TLL.

Also I do not have any knowledge abt GEP english in Pri School and beyond (sec).

But I must say that my DD enjoys her lessons at TLL as the teacher also explains grammer rules and subject verb agreement etc to them.

Cheers!

Hi Mathspark, may be you can help understand how and what they teach to make it so effective for GEP English, understand your GPE ds tried it and got A* for PSLE. How about GEP English, how did he do after attending the said tuition/enrichment? ...Should be good lah since he got DSA offer from RI. Understand many GEP kids can't cope with the high expectation of GEP English subsequently and need attend GEP English remedial. But for those who can cope, I do agree it is not neccessary to attend such tuition. I hope my ds can't cope on his own and then I can't save the $$.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 am

Zann wrote:I hope my ds can't cope on his own and then I can't save the $$.

:rotflmao: this must be a typo, right? BTW, do you know when do they decide to put or not put a kid in the remedial?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 am

Herbie wrote:the teacher also explains grammer rules and subject verb agreement etc to them.

The teachers didn't explain that in school?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi 2ppaamm

Nope. My DD will get bored if she is learning the same english rules etc at TLL.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi 2ppaamm

Nope. My DD will get bored if she is learning the same english rules etc at TLL.

I am shocked, you mean they do not teach english rules in schools nowadays, and we have to send our kids to tuition centres to do that?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge