55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:49 pm

syshi wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
syshi wrote:
Yup... I'm pretty much involve if it's tricky or difficult question.. that's why sometimes concern when my DS frustratingly told me that the teacher has not teach, but were told to do the worksheet... :?

Don't worry too much. Actually, I prefer it this way coz 1)it challenges the young mind, - I enjoy the look on kid's face when she rushes out of the bathroom all wet, with a "Eureka" :idea: look on the facing, telling me that she believes that she has found the solution.

2)it allows me to keep track of what kid is doing in school.
:D

Thanks for sharing... will try to monitor the situation.. in the meantime, maybe get some mainstream book to let him practice..., advisable?

Maybe, you can pick only those challenging sums for him coz you don't want to bore him with drills. Also, assess the situation, don't "drown" him with your own homework. To me, one or two each time is acceptable. :D

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syshi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
syshi wrote:Thanks for sharing... will try to monitor the situation.. in the meantime, maybe get some mainstream book to let him practice..., advisable?

Maybe, you can pick only those challenging sums for him coz you don't want to bore him with drills. Also, assess the situation, don't "drown" him with your own homework. To me, one or two each time is acceptable. :D

hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play....

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:08 pm

syshi wrote:hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play....

kids are kids... :lol:

Come to think of it, so far, they have only done 1 compo and 1 compre.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:43 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
syshi wrote:hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...

Don't think mine has been given any compo so far. Was this a common practice at all centre? What was the topic like/

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby syshi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Zann wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:

Don't think mine has been given any compo so far. Was this a common practice at all centre? What was the topic like/

My DS's compo more on the 'Camping Trip' they had...
those went will write about the trip... those didn't go, write about the experience at home...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Parents, how does your kid progress with the erp list? Where do you find most of the books? Any of them a must to read?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby syshi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Zann wrote:Parents, how does your kid progress with the erp list? Where do you find most of the books? Any of them a must to read?

Thought mostly not compulsary? Just received the list... did not really heard most of them... die already... :!:

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm

syshi wrote:

My DS's compo more on the 'Camping Trip' they had...
those went will write about the trip... those didn't go, write about the experience at home...

Zann wrote:Parents, how does your kid progress with the erp list? Where do you find most of the books? Any of them a must to read?

[/quote]

I assumed what she was doing is compo. They were given a picture and some points to ponder along the line of what, where, why and so on. Must write about a real life situation based on the pic. Hasn't got it back yet from teacher.

As for erp list, managed to find only a few in the library. For a few others, kid already have them.

I find that it's not easy to find those books in the library, the Popular and San Bookstore (rental). Maybe must try Kino or Borders.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Do all the students take the mini test for Chinese Lang yesterday?

Generally, how does your child feel about the paper?

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mathsparks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm

syshi wrote:

Thought mostly not compulsary? Just received the list... did not really heard most of them... die already... :!:

It's not compulsory to read all or buy them. Just search online at nlb.gov.sg, place a reservation $1.55 and collect at the nearest library.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres